- 1 What is the population of Illinois right now?
- 2 What is the population of Illinois 2021?
- 3 What percentage of Illinois is black?
- 4 Is Illinois a good place to live?
- 5 What is the nickname for Illinois?
- 6 What percent of Illinois is Hispanic?
- 7 What percent of Chicago is black?
- 8 What state has the most Mexicans?
- 9 What state has lowest Hispanic population?
What is the population of Illinois right now?
Cook County registered a population loss of 24,009 between 2018 and 2017 with change of -0.5. According to U.S. 2020 Census Results, IL population in 2020 is 12,812,508.
What is the population of Illinois 2021?
The 2015 Census estimates put the population at 12,859,995, which was a decrease from the 2014 numbers. Illinois is one of only 7 states that has a negative growth rate in 2016. At -0.17% per year, it is ahead of only West Virginia.
What percentage of Illinois is black?
In 2013, non-Hispanic (NH) whites accounted for 62.7% of the resident population (U.S. Census Bureau). Illinois residents that identified as black or African American made up 14.2% of the population (U.S. Census Bureau).
Is Illinois a good place to live?
Still, Illinois is one of the better places to live in the country. The typical household in the state earns $62,992 a year, more than $2,500 higher than the U.S. median household income. Though the state’s annual unemployment rate of 5.0% is the sixth highest among states, it is improving relatively quickly.
What is the nickname for Illinois?
/: What is the nickname for Illinois? What is Illinois known for?
- 9 things Illinois is known for. Illinois is one of the most populated states in the country, albeit getting smaller, according to recent U.S. Census results.
- Chicago. This one is a no-brainer.
- Famous foods.
- More presidents: Ronald Reagan, Barack Obama and Ulysses Grant.
What percent of Illinois is Hispanic?
About 2.2 million Hispanics reside in Illinois, 4% of all Hispanics in the United States. Illinois’s population is 17% Hispanic, the 10th largest Hispanic statewide population share nationally.
What percent of Chicago is black?
Texas has the largest Black state population With more than 3.9 million Black people in 2019, Texas is home to the largest Black population in the U.S. Florida has the second largest population at 3.8 million, and Georgia is home to 3.6 million Black people.
What state has the most Mexicans?
In 2019, California had the highest Hispanic population in the United States, with over 15.57 million people claiming Hispanic heritage. Texas, Florida, New York, and Arizona rounded out the top five states.
What state has lowest Hispanic population?
The two youngest states by median age, South Dakota (23) and North Dakota (24), have among the smallest Hispanic populations in the country. Each has fewer than 40,000 Hispanics.