- 1 How much do local police make an hour?
- 2 What do FBI agents earn?
- 3 How long is police academy in IL?
- 4 How much money does a Chicago firefighter make?
- 5 Where do detectives make the most money?
- 6 Which city pays police officers the most?
- 7 What is the highest paying FBI job?
- 8 How hard is it to get into FBI?
- 9 Does FBI pay well?
How much do local police make an hour?
A Police Officer in your area makes on average $24 per hour, or $0.55 (2%) more than the national average hourly salary of $23.28.
What do FBI agents earn?
The average Fbi Agent in the US makes $79,050. Fbi Agents make the most in San Francisco, CA at $119,089, averaging total compensation 51% greater than the US average.
How long is police academy in IL?
SLEA currently offers a 14-week training program (560 hours). This is based on the extended curriculum approved by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. The requirement for becoming a police officer in the state of Illinois is currently 480 hours.
How much money does a Chicago firefighter make?
The salaries of Firefighters in Chicago, IL range from $13,306 to $136,123, with a median salary of $46,621. The middle 57% of Firefighters makes between $46,621 and $76,398, with the top 86% making $136,123.
Where do detectives make the most money?
Highest paying cities in United States for Detectives
- Newark, NJ. 6 salaries reported. $92,565. per year.
- New York, NY. 32 salaries reported. $91,761. per year.
- Atlanta, GA. 13 salaries reported. $91,384. per year.
- Chicago, IL. 29 salaries reported. $90,298. per year.
- Washington, DC. 7 salaries reported. $82,806. per year.
Which city pays police officers the most?
The metropolitan areas that pay the highest salary in the patrol officer profession are San Jose, San Francisco, Vallejo, Santa Rosa, and Los Angeles.
What is the highest paying FBI job?
The highest-paying job at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is a Section Chief with a salary of $186,395 per year.
How hard is it to get into FBI?
Becoming an FBI Agent is a tremendously difficult and competitive process. It takes years of time, planning, and hard work to mold yourself into the kind of candidate the FBI is looking to hire. It’s not going to happen overnight, and the hiring process itself can take a year or longer.
Does FBI pay well?
Law enforcement, which includes agencies like the FBI, is a field that’s always in high demand, and there’s plenty of earning potential for FBI agents. According to the FBI’s website, most agents earn a salary of about $80,000 per year within five years of joining the agency.