- 1 How much does Illinois ID cost?
- 2 How do I get a free Illinois state ID?
- 3 What do you need to get a replacement ID in Illinois?
- 4 How long does it take to get a state ID Illinois?
- 5 Do I need an appointment to get a real ID in Illinois?
- 6 Can you have both a state ID and a driver’s license in Illinois?
- 7 How do I get an Illinois state ID for my child?
- 8 Can I order a real ID online?
- 9 How can I get proof of my signature?
- 10 What does a real ID look like in Illinois?
How much does Illinois ID cost?
It costs $5 if you are under 18 years old and $20 if you are over 18 years old to get an Illinois State ID.
How do I get a free Illinois state ID?
To obtain a state ID card, please visit a Secretary of State facility. Free non-expiring state ID cards are available for Illinois residents over age 65. To obtain a state ID card, please visit a Secretary of State facility. Free State ID cards valid for 10 years are available for persons with disabilities.
What do you need to get a replacement ID in Illinois?
Proof of Identity
- Written signature (such as government ID, passport, Social Security card)
- Date of birth (such as birth certificate)
- Social Security number (Social Security card)
- Residency (such as bank statement, insurance policy)
How long does it take to get a state ID Illinois?
How long does it take to get the new DL/ID in the mail? Individuals should allow up to 15 business days. The temporary secure paper document is valid for up to 90 days.
Do I need an appointment to get a real ID in Illinois?
No. To apply for a REAL ID DL/ID, you will need to visit a Driver Services facility and provide documents verifying your identity, Social Security number, residency and signature.
Can you have both a state ID and a driver’s license in Illinois?
It’s perfectly legal to have both an Illinois ID card, and an Illinois driver’s license. As a government-issued ID card, the state card is useful back-up if you lose your license.
How do I get an Illinois state ID for my child?
To get an Illinois state ID, you will need to gather documents like your Social Security card, a proof of residence, and your birth certificate and bring them to your nearest Driver Services office or Secretary of State facility. You will then need to pay the required fee, based on your age and residence status.
Can I order a real ID online?
1, only driver’s licenses and state IDs that meet Real ID requirements will be accepted for boarding commercial flights. Travelers who don’t have a Real ID will need credentials such as a U.S. passport or military ID.
How can I get proof of my signature?
What can be used as proof of signature? SSN Card or valid, current U.S. or Non- U.S. Passport. Document proving date of birth. Document proving signature.
What does a real ID look like in Illinois?
Illinois REAL IDs have a gold star in the top right corner. Like the rest of the country, Illinois residents will need to get Real IDs if they want to continue to use their licenses or other state identification cards to board domestic flights and enter federal buildings starting in May 2023.