- 1 How do you get a CDL license in Illinois?
- 2 How much does it cost to get a CDL permit in Illinois?
- 3 What disqualifies you from getting a CDL in Illinois?
- 4 How long does it take to get a Class B CDL in Illinois?
- 5 How many questions are on the CDL test in Illinois?
- 6 How do you get a non CDL Class C license in Illinois?
- 7 Is the Illinois CDL test multiple choice?
- 8 How much is a permit in Illinois?
- 9 What documents are needed for Illinois driver’s license?
- 10 Can a felon get a CDL in Illinois?
- 11 What can affect my CDL?
- 12 Does Adderall disqualify you from CDL?
- 13 What does restriction b mean on driver’s license in Illinois?
- 14 How do I get a Class B CDL in Illinois?
- 15 What vehicles require CDL in Illinois?
How do you get a CDL license in Illinois?
Illinois CDL Steps and Requirements
- To Acquire Your CLP and Move on to Obtaining a CDL, You Must Hold a Valid State of Illinois Class D Driver’s License (Also Known as a “Base” license)
- Study for Your State of Illinois Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP)
- Apply for Your Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP)
How much does it cost to get a CDL permit in Illinois?
Fees For Getting Your CDL Illinois: Original or renewal commercial learner’s permit: $50. Adding/removing an endorsement/restriction: $5. Original, renewal, or transferred commercial driver license: $60. Adding/removing an endorsement/restriction: $5.
What disqualifies you from getting a CDL in Illinois?
Under Illinois law, a CDL driver is disqualified from operating a Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) if while driving a CMV they either commit two “serious traffic violations” within a three-year period or commit three such violations within a three-year period.
How long does it take to get a Class B CDL in Illinois?
Take the Class B permit test to get your commercial learner’s permit (CLP). Allow a minimum of 14 days to pass since you obtained your CLP. Take the CDL license Class B driving test, also known as the road skills test, to obtain a CDL.
How many questions are on the CDL test in Illinois?
The Illinois CDL test consists of 50 questions. To pass, you must correctly answer at least 40 questions (80%).
How do you get a non CDL Class C license in Illinois?
Provide documentation and pay fees. Provide Medical Certificate. Pass applicable written test(s) to obtain a Illinois CDL C permit (General Knowledge) plus any applicable endorsement written tests. Pass skills tests in a “representative” type vehicle.
Is the Illinois CDL test multiple choice?
We’ve built the DMV permit test cheat sheet to be exactly like the real permit test, including 50 multiple choice and “true or false” questions. It should take you 15 to 20 minutes to complete if you work through it at a decent pace, just like the exam at the DMV office.
How much is a permit in Illinois?
Instruction permit – $20. Basic license, ages 18-20 – $5. Basic license, ages 21-68 – $30. Basic license, ages 69-80 – $5.
What documents are needed for Illinois driver’s license?
Provide acceptable documentation that proves name, date of birth, Illinois residency and verification of written signature; Applicants age 18-20 without a valid license must present proof of successful completion of a 6-hour adult driver education and training course.
Can a felon get a CDL in Illinois?
A person applying for a CDL is disqualified if they have been convicted of a felony, which involves the use of a vehicle for one (1) year for a first offense and for life (with the possibility of reinstatement after 10 years) for a second offense.
What can affect my CDL?
Serious violations that will result in a CDL disqualification include:
- Excessive speeding — 15 mph or more above the posted speed limit.
- Reckless driving.
- Improper or erratic lane changes.
- Following too closely.
- A traffic violation arising in connection with a fatal traffic accident.
Does Adderall disqualify you from CDL?
Use of any Schedule I drugs, amphetamines (such as Adderall), narcotics (drugs derived from poppy or coca), and any other habit-forming drug (i.e. drugs with a risk of addiction) disqualifies a truck driver.
What does restriction b mean on driver’s license in Illinois?
3 Answers. Kat Waterflame., lives in Illinois (1980-present) “REST” is short for “Restricted”, and “B” is for Corrective Lenses (meaning glasses or contacts). Therefore, if someone’s license says “REST: B” they need to be wearing glasses or contacts to be able to legally drive.
How do I get a Class B CDL in Illinois?
How to get a Illinois Class B CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
- Provide documentation and pay fees.
- Provide Medical Certificate.
- Pass applicable written test(s) to obtain a Illinois CDL B permit (General Knowledge and Air Brakes*) *Air Brakes Test not needed if you will NEVER drive a vehicle with air brakes.
What vehicles require CDL in Illinois?
Vehicles Requiring a CDL Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 pounds or more, or any such vehicle towing another not in excess of 10,000 pounds. Any vehicle, regardless of size, designed to transport 16 or more persons, including the driver.