- 1 How do I make a payment on my tax Illinois?
- 2 Can Illinois state taxes be paid online?
- 3 Can I pay my Illinois taxes over the phone?
- 4 What is the Illinois tax rate?
- 5 Is MyTax Illinois Safe?
- 6 Who do I call about my Illinois state taxes?
- 7 How do I find out if I owe Illinois state taxes?
- 8 Does Illinois have a standard deduction?
- 9 How many stamps do I need for tax return?
- 10 How do I pay Illinois sales tax online?
How do I make a payment on my tax Illinois?
- MyTax Illinois.
- Credit Card.
- ACH Credit.
- Check or money order (follow the payment instructions on the form or voucher associated with your filing)
Can Illinois state taxes be paid online?
The following electronic methods available to pay your individual income tax are: MyTax Illinois (electronic payment taken from your checking or savings account) Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express)
Can I pay my Illinois taxes over the phone?
MyTax Illinois – Our free account management program allows you to file returns, make payments, view balances, and manage your tax account. Credit card (for Individual Income Tax only) – We accept Visa, Discover, MasterCard, and American Express. The phone number for Pay-by-Phone is (866) 490-2061.
What is the Illinois tax rate?
Illinois’ sales tax rate is 6.25 percent on general merchandise and 1 percent on qualifying foods, drugs, and medical appliances. The tax rate may be higher in some areas because some local jurisdictions are allowed to impose their own taxes.
Is MyTax Illinois Safe?
MyTax Illinois was developed, with your security in mind, to file your tax returns, make payments, and view your account information in a safe and secure manner. However, if you choose to allow others access to your MyTax Illinois account, you do so at your own risk.
Who do I call about my Illinois state taxes?
Taxpayer Assistance To receive assistance by phone, please call 800 732-8866 or 217 782-3336. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. Our TDD (telecommunication device for the deaf) number is 800 544-5304.
How do I find out if I owe Illinois state taxes?
Do you owe income tax in Illinois?
- State: Illinois.
- Refund Status Website: https://myrefund.illinoiscomptroller.com/
- Refund Status Phone Support: Individual Returns: 800 732-8866.
- Hours: Mon.
- General Illinois Tax Information: 1-800-877-8078.
- Online Contact Form: http://www.revenue.state.il.us/AboutIdor/ContactUs.htm.
Does Illinois have a standard deduction?
Illinois does not have a state standard deduction, nor do they use the federal standard deduction amounts.
How many stamps do I need for tax return?
Some tax returns include many forms and require additional postage. For First-Class letter-sized envelopes, one ounce is 49 cents and 21 cents for each additional ounce. A two-ounce letter-sized envelope is 70 cents.
How do I pay Illinois sales tax online?
You have two options for filing and paying your Illinois sales tax: File online – File online at MyTax Illinois. You can remit your payment through their online system. File by mail – You can use Form ST-1 and file and pay through the mail.