- 1 How do I renew my expired cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 2 How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 3 How do I reinstate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 4 How do I find my cosmetology license number in Illinois?
- 5 How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
- 6 How do I renew my expired nail technician in Illinois?
- 7 What can estheticians do in Illinois?
- 8 Do you have to have a cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 9 How long is cosmetology school in Illinois?
- 10 Do you need a license to do nails in Illinois?
- 11 Does cosmetology include hair?
- 12 How do I get my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 13 How do I print my Illinois cosmetology license?
- 14 Is Illinois a compact state?
How do I renew my expired cosmetology license in Illinois?
IF YOUR LICENSE IS EXPIRED YOU MUST CONTACT THE BOARD OFFICE TO REQUEST A REACTIVATION APPLICATION. You may contact the Board office by email [email protected] or by phone at 717-783-7130.
How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
Currently, the State of Illinois charges $50 per two-year renewal period. The fee is payable online via Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit/debit cards. How often do I have to renew my Illinois cosmetologist license? Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years.
How do I reinstate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
1) A person applying for restoration of a license as a cosmetologist that has expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and: A) Pay the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; B)
How do I find my cosmetology license number in Illinois?
You can reach the office by calling the Illinois State Board of Cosmetology phone number 800-560-6420 or 888-473-4858. Their fax number is 217-782-7645. You can acccess the Illinois state board online by going to www.idfpr.com.
How many CEU hours do you need for cosmetology in Illinois?
Cosmetologists in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEUs every two years.
How do I renew my expired nail technician in Illinois?
If your license has been expired for more than five years and you were not employed in another jurisdiction, you must complete a 60-hour refresher course and show proof of completion of the nail technician examination within the last two years or within two years after restoration.
What can estheticians do in Illinois?
An esthetician provides body and facial treatments, skin analysis and advice, hair removal, and cosmetic application. A licensing fee is required every 2 years to keep the license valid in the state of Illinois.
Do you have to have a cosmetology license in Illinois?
In Illinois, you must meet a list of requirements before you can become licensed as a beauty professional and begin legally working in this state. After finishing your training, you are required to pass a licensing exam issued by the Illinois Barber, Cosmetology, Esthetics, Hair Braiding, and Nail Technology Board.
How long is cosmetology school in Illinois?
To receive your cosmetology license in Illinois, you have to complete your 1,500 hours of training in no less than eight months long and no more than seven years in a row and pass a cosmetology exam.
Do you need a license to do nails in Illinois?
Like most states, Illinois requires nail technician training and licensure to work legally in this state. If you have a goal to work in nails, then you will need to complete a minimum 350-hour training program, and then go through the initial license application process.
Does cosmetology include hair?
What is Cosmetology? Cosmetology is the art and science beautifying the hair, nails, and skin. Specific disciplines in cosmetology include hairstyling (haircutting and coloring), esthetics (skin care), makeup application, nail care (manicures and pedicures), and other beauty treatments.
How do I get my cosmetology license in Illinois?
In order to earn your Illinois cosmetology license, you must successfully complete 1,500 hours of education at beauty school. The same amount of schooling is needed for a barber license. You need to take a diverse range of classes to help prepare you to work in your field of choice.
How do I print my Illinois cosmetology license?
You may go to https://www.idfpr.com/GetMyLicense and send them either a printed or electronic copy of your license.
Is Illinois a compact state?
Illinois would join 34 other states in becoming a member of the Compact. The multistate licensure protects Illinois nurses when practicing across state lines whether in direct care or using Telehealth to offer nursing advice or education.