- 1 What documents are needed for new Illinois drivers license?
- 2 What do I need to bring with me to renew my driver’s license in Illinois?
- 3 How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
- 4 What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
- 5 How much does it cost to get your license renewed in Illinois?
- 6 Do you have to take a written test to renew your license in Illinois?
- 7 Can I renew my Illinois drivers license after it expires?
- 8 Does REAL ID replace driver’s license Illinois?
- 9 How long is a REAL ID good for in Illinois?
- 10 What does a REAL ID look like in Illinois?
- 11 How can I prove residency quickly?
- 12 What documents can be used as proof of address?
- 13 Do you need your birth certificate to get your license in Illinois?
What documents are needed for new Illinois drivers license?
Provide acceptable documentation that proves name, date of birth, Illinois residency and verification of written signature; Applicants age 18-20 without a valid license must present proof of successful completion of a 6-hour adult driver education and training course.
What do I need to bring with me to renew my driver’s license in Illinois?
Required Documents for IL License Renewal Acceptable documents include: Signature verification document such as a cancelled check, an ID card, legal or court documents or a passport. Address verification document or proof of address such as a bank statement, rental or mortgage agreement, or a pay stub.
How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20). -For proof of identity, a passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted. -Residents will also need to provide proof of their Social Security number.
What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
State of IL identification card issued by the Secretary of State. Utility or rent bills in the parent’s name. Residential lease in the parent’s name. Property tax bill.
How much does it cost to get your license renewed in Illinois?
Fees for Driver’s License Renewal in Illinois The cost of a drivers license renewal is: $30 for people between the ages of 21 and 68 years old. $5 for drivers who are under age 20 and seniors between the ages of 69 to 80 years old. $2 for people aged 81 and older.
Do you have to take a written test to renew your license in Illinois?
A driver is required to take a written test at least once every eight years if traffic convictions have occurred. Everyone must have his or her vision screened when applying for a renewal, with the exception of Safe Driver Renewals. All persons age 75 or older must take a driving test at each renewal.
Can I renew my Illinois drivers license after it expires?
You must visit a Secretary of State Driver’s License Facility to renew your license or ID card if: Your license/ID card has been expired more than one (1) year. You are not eligible to renew your driver’s license if you participated in the Safe Driver Renewal program or this online renewal program at your last renewal.
Does REAL ID replace driver’s license Illinois?
Your REAL ID will retain the same expiration date as your original license. For domestic travel, a U.S. passport or a REAL ID card is acceptable. For international travel, a U.S. passport is necessary.
How long is a REAL ID good for in Illinois?
REAL ID identification cards issued to applicants 65 or older will expire in eight years. REAL ID disabled ID cards will expire in eight years. All other REAL ID identification cards are valid for the same length of time as standard ID cards.
What does a REAL ID look like in Illinois?
Illinois REAL IDs have a gold star in the top right corner. Like the rest of the country, Illinois residents will need to get Real IDs if they want to continue to use their licenses or other state identification cards to board domestic flights and enter federal buildings starting in May 2023.
How can I prove residency quickly?
How to Get Proof of Address Quickly
- Visit your bank or credit union and ask for a copy of your most recent account statement that includes your name and address.
- In some cases, any piece of mail specifically addressed to your name rather than “occupant” or “resident” can be accepted as proof of residency.
What documents can be used as proof of address?
Which documents can I use as proof of residence?
- The following forms of proof of place of residence are accepted:
- Utility company bills.
- Bank statement.
- Photographic ID.
- Tax assessment.
- Certificate of voter registration.
- Correspondence from a government authority regarding the receipt of benefits.
- Mortgage statement.
Do you need your birth certificate to get your license in Illinois?
New card — To obtain a new card, documents that show age, citizenship or lawful alien status, and who you are (i.e., birth certificate and school record) are required.