- 1 How many degrees north is Chicago?
- 2 What city is the same latitude as Chicago?
- 3 What are Illinois approximate coordinates?
- 4 Which cities are on the same latitude?
- 5 Is Chicago further north than London?
- 6 Why is Chicago so cold?
- 7 What cities are 41 degrees north?
- 8 What city is 42 degrees north and 83 degrees west?
- 9 How many miles are in a degree latitude?
- 10 Which way is latitude?
- 11 How do you write longitude and latitude?
- 12 What city has the coordinates 51 N 0?
How many degrees north is Chicago?
The formula is: 90(degrees) minus the latitude, plus or minus the sun angle. At the winter solstice, the sun is 23.5(degrees) south of the equator, so the sun angle is -23.5(degrees). At Chicago, 42(degrees) north latitude, the equation for the winter solstice is: 90 – 42 – 23.5 = 24.5(degrees) above the horizon.
What city is the same latitude as Chicago?
One of the facts that we find the hardest to square from this map is how sunny Rome actually has the same latitude as Chicago, a city known for its harsh winters.
What are Illinois approximate coordinates?
Latitude and longitude coordinates are: 40.000000, -89.000000.
Which cities are on the same latitude?
Miami is at the same latitude as Saudi Arabia. Honolulu at the same latitude as the Sahara desert. Los Angeles, San Diego, Phoenix and Houston are all at the same latitude as North Africa. Anchorage is further south than Reykjavik.
Is Chicago further north than London?
London shares a similar latitude (51.5 degrees N) with cities like Warsaw, Kiev, and Winnipeg and is nearly 10 degrees north of Chicago.
Why is Chicago so cold?
Temperatures in Illinois have been downright frigid in recent days, and a phenomenon occurring at the North Pole is to blame for the recent cold snap. A stream of air called the “polar night jet stream” keeps that cold air in place, in what amounts to a large circle of air over the top of the globe.
What cities are 41 degrees north?
World Cities at 41 Degrees North Latitude
- Water Tower. Rome, Italy — Italy’s “Eternal City” is one of the world’s most historic and interesting places.
- Piazza Tritona.
- Sagrada Familia.
- Blue Mosque.
What city is 42 degrees north and 83 degrees west?
Colchester is a small town that boasts a few restaurants and the only marina on the north shores of Lake Erie from Point Pelee to Detroit. It is approximately six kms from the confluence.
How many miles are in a degree latitude?
One degree of latitude equals approximately 364,000 feet ( 69 miles ), one minute equals 6,068 feet (1.15 miles), and one-second equals 101 feet.
Which way is latitude?
Lines of latitude run North-South, while lines of longitude run East-West. Lines of latitude and lines of longitude both run North-South. Lines of latitude run East-West, while lines of longitude run North-South.
How do you write longitude and latitude?
Enter coordinates to find a place
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Maps app.
- In the search box at the top, type your coordinates. Here are examples of formats that work: Degrees, minutes, and seconds (DMS): 41°24’12.2″N 2°10’26.5″E.
- You’ll see a pin at your coordinates.
What city has the coordinates 51 N 0?
London is located on the latitude 51 degree North and the longitude 0 degree West. It is located on the Temperate Zone between the Tropic of Cancer and Arctic Circle on the Northern Hemisphere..