- 1 What percentage of Illinois is black?
- 2 What is the average age in Illinois 2020?
- 3 Why are people leaving Illinois?
- 4 Is Illinois a dying state?
- 5 What is Illinois known for?
- 6 What state has the highest black population?
- 7 What percent of Chicago is black?
- 8 What county in Illinois has the smallest population?
- 9 What is the smallest county in Illinois?
What percentage of Illinois is black?
In 2013, non-Hispanic (NH) whites accounted for 62.7% of the resident population (U.S. Census Bureau). Illinois residents that identified as black or African American made up 14.2% of the population (U.S. Census Bureau).
What is the average age in Illinois 2020?
Illinois Gender and Religion Statistics The median age in Illinois is 37.4 years of age, with a slight gender difference over the state- 50.9% female and 49.1% male.
Why are people leaving Illinois?
Major reasons Illinoisans are choosing to leave the state are for better housing and employment opportunities, both of which have been made worse by poor public policy in Illinois. Nearly half of Illinoisans have thought about moving away, and they said taxes were their No. 1 reason.
Is Illinois a dying state?
U.S. Census Bureau officials revealed Illinois is one of only three states that recorded population loss in the last 10 years. CHICAGO (WLS) — Along with losing one congressional seat after the 2020 Census, officials revealed Illinois is one of only three states that recorded population loss in the last 10 years.
What is Illinois known for?
Here are a few.
- 9 things Illinois is known for. Illinois is one of the most populated states in the country, albeit getting smaller, according to recent U.S. Census results.
- Chicago. This one is a no-brainer.
- Famous foods.
- More presidents: Ronald Reagan, Barack Obama and Ulysses Grant.
What state has the highest black population?
Texas has the largest Black state population With more than 3.9 million Black people in 2019, Texas is home to the largest Black population in the U.S. Florida has the second largest population at 3.8 million, and Georgia is home to 3.6 million Black people.
What percent of Chicago is black?
What county in Illinois has the smallest population?
Hardin County is a county located in the U.S. state of Illinois. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 4,320, making it the least populous county in Illinois. Its county seat is Elizabethtown.
What is the smallest county in Illinois?
There are 102 counties in the U.S. state of Illinois. The largest of these by population is Cook County, home to Chicago and the second-most populous county in the United States, while the smallest is Hardin County. The largest by area is McLean County while the smallest is Putnam County.