- 1 How do you get a work permit at 14 in Illinois?
- 2 How do you get a work permit at 13 in Illinois?
- 3 Do you need a work permit to work at 16 in Illinois?
- 4 Does a 17 year old need a work permit in Illinois?
- 5 At what age can you legally work in Illinois?
- 6 How does a minor get a work permit in Illinois?
- 7 What jobs can I apply for at 14?
- 8 What is minimum wage in Illinois?
- 9 Does a 15 year old need a work permit in Illinois?
- 10 How many hours can a 16 year old work in IL?
- 11 What’s the latest a 16 year old can work?
- 12 Do I have to get a work permit if im 17?
- 13 How old do you have to be to work at McDonald’s in Illinois?
- 14 How late can 17 year olds work in Illinois?
How do you get a work permit at 14 in Illinois?
In order for a minor aged 14 and 15 to obtain a “Minor Employment Certificate” in Illinois, their future employer must complete a statement of their intention to hire the minor. The employer may not put the minor to work until the minor has provided them with a copy of their “Minor Employment Certificate”.
How do you get a work permit at 13 in Illinois?
Employment Certificates for Minors
- Access Employment Certificate Form or the Temporary Employment Certificate Form.
- Open the form and enter your password.
- Complete the form and “sign” by checking the box.
- Submit form electronically to the Department to [email protected]
Do you need a work permit to work at 16 in Illinois?
Employment Certificates, also known as Work Permits, are mandatory in Illinois for minors under 16. The certificate must be acquired by the minor and presented to their employer to verify their ability to work before they are hired.
Does a 17 year old need a work permit in Illinois?
Sixteen and seventeen year olds do not need to file work permits with the State Department of Labor.
At what age can you legally work in Illinois?
Illinois state law requires kids under age 16 to have a child employment certificate to work. The certificate confirms that the work will not interfere with the child’s schooling, that the child has reached the age of at least 14 years, and that the child can physically perform the job duties.
How does a minor get a work permit in Illinois?
Who must get a “work permit”? Work permits or employment certificates must be obtained from your local school for all minors 14 and 15 years of age before beginning work. 820 ILCS 205/9-12.
What jobs can I apply for at 14?
12 common jobs for 14-year-olds
- Dishwasher. National average salary: $20.82 per hour.
- Receptionist. National average salary: $21.36 per hour.
- Aged care worker. National average salary: $23.47 per hour.
- Dog walker. National average salary: $24.45 per hour.
- Retail sales assistant.
- Cinema attendant.
What is minimum wage in Illinois?
The minimum wage in Illinois is $11-an-hour and $6.60-an-hour for tipped workers. The minimum wage for workers under-18 in Illinois who work less than 650 hours in a calendar year is $8.50.
Does a 15 year old need a work permit in Illinois?
Got a Job? Get a Work Permit! It’s the Law. To protect the safety of Illinois teenagers, and place of priority on their education, minors age 14 or 15 may work, but not without first obtaining an Employment Certificate from their local high school or school administration office 820 ILCS 2059/9-12.
How many hours can a 16 year old work in IL?
16 and 17-year-old minors enrolled in school may not work for more than nine hours in any one day, 40 hours in a school week, 48 hours in a non-school week, and six days in any one week.
What’s the latest a 16 year old can work?
In general, 16- and 17-year-olds may not work between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m. But they can work in manufacturing, mechanical, or mercantile establishments until 11 p.m. or in a supermarket until midnight if there is no school the next day.
Do I have to get a work permit if im 17?
Work Permits Except in limited circumstances defined in law and summarized in the Child Labor Law Booklet, all minors under 18 years of age employed in the state of California must have a permit to work. Prior to permitting a minor to work, employers must possess a valid Permit to Employ and Work.
How old do you have to be to work at McDonald’s in Illinois?
You must be 16 years of age or older to work as a Crew Member at McDonald’s. This job posting contains some information about what it is like to work in a McDonald’s restaurant, but it is not a complete job description.
How late can 17 year olds work in Illinois?
They can’t work before 7 a.m. or after 7 p.m. during periods when school is in session, defined as between Labor Day and the end of May. From June 1 through Labor Day, they can work up to 9 p.m. Like other employees, they are entitled to a meal break of at least a half-hour after the fifth consecutive hour of work.