What county is Herrin Illinois located in?
Herrin, city, Williamson county, southern Illinois, U.S. It lies about 15 miles (25 km) northeast of Carbondale. Settled in 1816, Herrin was a coal-mining centre from the 1890s to the 1930s. On June 22, 1922, the city was the scene of a tragic labour dispute known as the Herrin Massacre.
Is Herrin IL safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Herrin is 1 in 43. Based on FBI crime data, Herrin is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Herrin has a crime rate that is higher than 83% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What restaurants are in Herrin Illinois?
Restaurants in Herrin, IL
- Joe’s Place. RestaurantsBarsSports Bars.
- Kew Gardens. RestaurantsBuffet RestaurantsChinese Restaurants.
- Burger Nook Cafe.
- Newman and Camden Company.
- Mary’s Restaurant & Bed & Breakfast.
- Herrin Family Restaurant.
- Herrin House Of Hope.
- Marlow’s Authentic Italian.
What is Herrin Illinois ZIP code?
/: What is Herrin Illinois ZIP code?
What is in Marion IL? You’ll want to come back so make note of your favorite destinations in Marion, Illinois.
- Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge.
- Williamson County Historical Museum.
- Mandala Gardens.
- Rent One Park.
- Marion Cultural and Civic Center.
- Southern Illinois Raceway.
What county is Murphysboro IL in?
Marion is a city in Williamson and Johnson counties, Illinois, United States, and is the county seat of Williamson County. The population was 17,193 at the 2010 census.