- 1 How do I contact my Illinois State Representative?
- 2 Who is the senator of Illinois 2021?
- 3 How many state senators are in the Illinois government?
- 4 Who are the elected officials in Illinois?
- 5 How many US representatives are in Illinois?
- 6 How many years did Barack Obama spend in Illinois state Senate?
- 7 How much does a state representative make in Illinois?
- 8 How many senators USA have?
- 9 What branch is the Illinois governor?
- 10 What are the two Illinois houses called?
- 11 What is the role of a state legislator?
How do I contact my Illinois State Representative?
Contact the State of Illinois at 217-782-2000 or 312-814-3500 to get specific numbers for members of the General Assembly or link to www.ilga.gov. For members of the U.S. Congress, call 202-224-3121 or link to http://thomas.loc.gov.
Who is the senator of Illinois 2021?
Illinois’s current U.S. senators are Democrats Dick Durbin (serving since 1997) and Tammy Duckworth (serving since 2017).
How many state senators are in the Illinois government?
Under the Illinois Constitution of 1970, the Illinois Senate is made up of 59 senators elected from individual legislative districts determined by population and redistricted every 10 years; based on the 2010 U.S. census each senator represents approximately 217,468 people.
Who are the elected officials in Illinois?
The six elected officers are:
- J. B. Pritzker (D) Governor.
- Juliana Stratton (D) Lieutenant Governor.
- Kwame Raoul (D) Attorney General.
- Jesse White (D) Secretary of State.
- Susana Mendoza (D) Comptroller.
- Mike Frerichs (D) Treasurer.
How many US representatives are in Illinois?
U.S. House of Representatives List of members of the Illinois United States House delegation, their terms in office, district boundaries, and the district political ratings according to the CPVI. The delegation has a total of 18 members, with 13 Democrats and 5 Republicans.
How many years did Barack Obama spend in Illinois state Senate?
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S. Barack Obama served three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2005, when he was elected to the United States Senate.
How much does a state representative make in Illinois?
According to data from the National Conference of State Legislatures, Illinois lawmakers receive the fifth-highest annual base salary in the country, at $67,836.
How many senators USA have?
The Constitution prescribes that the Senate be composed of two senators from each State (therefore, the Senate currently has 100 Members) and that a senator must be at least thirty years of age, have been a citizen of the United States for nine years, and, when elected, be a resident of the State from which he or she
What branch is the Illinois governor?
The Governor of the State of Illinois is an elected constitutional officer, the head of the executive branch and the highest state office in Illinois.
What are the two Illinois houses called?
A legislature consisting of 2 houses. In Illinois, the State legislature, known as the General Assembly, consists of a 59-member Senate and a 118-member House of Representatives.
What is the role of a state legislator?
State legislatures serve three primary functions. They perform a lawmaking function by researching, writing, and passing legislation. Members represent their districts and work to meet requests for help from citizens within it. Finally, legislatures perform an oversight function for the executive branch.