- 1 How do I create an LLC in Illinois?
- 2 How long does it take for an LLC to be approved in Illinois?
- 3 Do LLCs pay taxes in Illinois?
- 4 How do I set up an LLC quickly?
- 5 What is the downside of an LLC?
- 6 How much does an LLC cost in Illinois?
- 7 Why is it taking so long for my LLC to be approved?
- 8 Can I be my own registered agent in Illinois?
- 9 How do I get an EIN number in Illinois?
- 10 What taxes does an LLC pay in Illinois?
- 11 What are the benefits of an LLC in Illinois?
- 12 How much does LLC filing cost?
- 13 How do I file an LLC for free?
- 14 Why an S Corp over an LLC?
How do I create an LLC in Illinois?
To form an Illinois LLC you will need to file the Articles of Organization with the Illinois Secretary of State, which costs $150. You can apply online or by mail. The Articles of Organization is the legal document that officially creates your Illinois limited liability company. 3
How long does it take for an LLC to be approved in Illinois?
It normally takes 3-4 weeks for the LLC paperwork to be approved in Illinois. Expedited processing (typically 1 business day) is also available for an additional fee.
Do LLCs pay taxes in Illinois?
The LLC has no Illinois income tax filing requirements. If the LLC is a subchapter S Corporation for federal income tax purposes, and files a U.S. Form 1120S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation, for Illinois purposes the LLC will file Form IL-1120-ST, Illinois Small Business Corporation Replacement Tax Return.
How do I set up an LLC quickly?
Form a Limited Liability Company in California
- Choose Your Company Name.
- The LLC Organizer Requirement.
- Designate a Registered Agent.
- Decide Ownership and Management Structure.
- Create an Operating Agreement.
- File the Articles of Organization.
- Obtain an EIN and Open a Business Bank Account.
- Pay California State Taxes.
What is the downside of an LLC?
Profits subject to social security and medicare taxes. In some circumstances, owners of an LLC may end up paying more taxes than owners of a corporation. Salaries and profits of an LLC are subject to self-employment taxes, currently equal to a combined 15.3%.
How much does an LLC cost in Illinois?
Registration costs. Forming an LLC in Illinois involves filing articles of organization with the Secretary of State, and paying a registration fee of $150. Illinois LLC annual fees are $75.
Why is it taking so long for my LLC to be approved?
How long does LLC filing take? It depends on how fast the state processes business filings. As a rule, it takes between a week and ten business days to process. In some states, provided that your intake information has been received, a state agency can often issue an approval for the LLC within three business days.
Can I be my own registered agent in Illinois?
Can I Be My Own Registered Agent In Illinois? Yes, any owner or employee of a business can be its registered agent in Illinois as long as they are over the age of 18, and have a street address in Illinois.
How do I get an EIN number in Illinois?
This is done by filing IRS Form SS-4 or by calling the IRS at (800) 829-4933. If you call, it is best to have a blank copy of Form SS-4 on the table in front of you. The form can be downloaded from the IRS website. The company must also obtain an Illinois Business Tax number from the Illinois Department of Revenue.
What taxes does an LLC pay in Illinois?
For typical LLCs (those not electing to be taxed as corporations) the tax is 1.5% of net income. The tax is payable to the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR). Use Form IL-1065 to pay the tax. In some cases, the owners of an LLC choose to have their business treated like a corporation for tax purposes.
What are the benefits of an LLC in Illinois?
Briefly, the benefits of starting an Illinois LLC include:
- Separating and limiting your personal liability from your business liability and debts.
- Quick and simple filing, management, compliance, regulations and administration of your Illinois LLC.
- Easy tax filing and potential advantages for tax treatment.
How much does LLC filing cost?
The main cost of forming a limited liability company (LLC) is the state filing fee. This fee ranges between $40 and $500, depending on your state. There are two options for forming your LLC: You can hire a professional LLC formation service to set up your LLC (for an additional small fee).
How do I file an LLC for free?
How to Create and File an LLC for Free
- Six Steps to Forming an LLC for Free.
- Gather Information.
- Get a Business Name and Address.
- Get the Formation Document From the Secretary of State Website.
- Get a Registered Agent.
- Look at Other LLC Formation Options.
- LLC Paperwork: Fill Out and File the Formation Document.
Why an S Corp over an LLC?
Advantages of S corps over LLCs S corporations have some advantages over LLCs. It can be easier to obtain outside funding as some investors and banks prefer to invest in corporations than LLCs. LLC owners, in contrast, pay self-employment taxes, which can result in a higher overall tax liability.