- 1 What are the 6 major cities in Illinois?
- 2 What is the prettiest town in Illinois?
- 3 What is the poorest city in Illinois?
- 4 What is the best small town to live in Illinois?
- 5 What is Illinois known for?
- 6 Where is it safe to live in Chicago?
- 7 Is Chicago a depressing city?
- 8 Is Illinois a good place to live?
- 9 Is Chicago an expensive city?
- 10 What is the richest city in Illinois?
- 11 What town has the cheapest rent in Illinois?
What are the 6 major cities in Illinois?
10 Largest Cities in Illinois
- Chicago (2,679,080)
- Aurora (194,873)
- Naperville (149,167)
- Joliet (146,572)
- Rockford (144,213)
- Springfield (113,010)
- Elgin (109,567)
- Peoria (108,353)
What is the prettiest town in Illinois?
As beautiful as the large city of Chicago is the smaller towns that share the best of what rural Illinois has to offer. 10 Most Beautiful Small Towns in Illinois
What is the poorest city in Illinois?
(The Center Square) – East St. Louis was ranked the poorest city in Illinois in a 24/7 Wall St. analysis examining U.S. municipalities where households earn less than the nation’s median annual household income of $65,712.
What is the best small town to live in Illinois?
The 10 Most Charming Small Towns in Illinois
- Princeton, IL.
- Rockton, IL.
- Nauvoo, IL.
- Ottawa, IL.
- Quincy, IL.
- Fulton, IL.
- Lebanon, IL.
- Arthur and Arcola, IL.
What is Illinois known for?
Here are a few.
- 9 things Illinois is known for. Illinois is one of the most populated states in the country, albeit getting smaller, according to recent U.S. Census results.
- Chicago. This one is a no-brainer.
- Famous foods.
- More presidents: Ronald Reagan, Barack Obama and Ulysses Grant.
Where is it safe to live in Chicago?
Whether you want to be right in the heart of the city or you’re looking for a more residential vibe, Chicago has a safe option for you. The safest neighborhoods in Chicago are Edison Park, Forest Glen, Norwood Park, Lake View, Lincoln Park, and Rogers Park.
Is Chicago a depressing city?
Forbes ranked Chicago at number four on its list of most miserable cities. The magazine cited a decrease in home prices, long commutes, high foreclosure rates, lousy winters and high migration rate, with 107,000 leaving the city in the past five years, according the Forbes article.
Is Illinois a good place to live?
Still, Illinois is one of the better places to live in the country. The typical household in the state earns $62,992 a year, more than $2,500 higher than the U.S. median household income. Though the state’s annual unemployment rate of 5.0% is the sixth highest among states, it is improving relatively quickly.
Is Chicago an expensive city?
Expatistan’s Cost of Living Calculator has Chicago ranked as the 11th most expensive city in North America. Chicago is 21% more expensive than Houston and 24% more expensive than Phoenix. So, if you want that big city feel at a lower cost than LA or NYC, Chicago isn’t a bad option.
What is the richest city in Illinois?
The 10 Richest Cities in Illinois
- Hawthorn Woods.
- Campton Hills.
- Western Springs.
- Lake Bluff.
What town has the cheapest rent in Illinois?
The cheapest cities in Illinois by average rent prices
- Rantoul. One-bedroom average rent price: $453.
- Charleston. One-bedroom average rent price: $488.
- Lincoln. Source: Rent.com / Brainard Landing.
- Belleville. One-bedroom average rent price: $610.
- Champaign. Average 1-BR rent price: $649.