- 1 Where is Barrington Illinois in relation to Chicago?
- 2 Is Barrington IL a good place to live?
- 3 What is Barrington known for?
- 4 How big is Barrington Illinois?
- 5 How many square miles is Barrington IL?
- 6 What is the richest suburb in Illinois?
- 7 What is the nicest suburb in Chicago?
- 8 What is there to do in Barrington?
- 9 Where does the name Barrington originate from?
- 10 Is Barrington RI Republican or Democrat?
- 11 What is the area code for Barrington Illinois?
- 12 What is the zip code for Barrington IL?
Where is Barrington Illinois in relation to Chicago?
The Village of Barrington is a vibrant and active community located 35 miles northwest of Chicago. The Village is unique in that it straddles the Cook County/Lake County border.
Is Barrington IL a good place to live?
Barrington is in Cook County and is one of the best places to live in Illinois. Living in Barrington offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Barrington there are a lot of coffee shops and parks. Many retirees live in Barrington and residents tend to have moderate political views.
What is Barrington known for?
The village of Barrington has the largest residential historic district in Illinois and is noted for its Victorian, Victorian Gothic, Queen Anne, and other popular late-19th century forms of architecture. Among Barrington’s notable buildings is the Octagon House, also known as the Hawley House.
How big is Barrington Illinois?
Barrington is a safe place to call home, with a violent crime rate of 9.6 and the chance of being involved in a property crime here just 1.4%. Another western Chicago suburb, the Village of Hinsdale is located in both Cook and DuPage Counties.
How many square miles is Barrington IL?
Centreville was the poorest city in the state of Illinois, as well as one of the poorest cities in the nation. The town median household income was $17,441, while the typical home in the area is worth approximately $47,900.
What is the richest suburb in Illinois?
The 10 Richest Suburbs in Chicago
- Long Grove.
- Hawthorn Woods.
- Lake Forest.
- Glencoe. Acting has become one way of making a living.
- Winnetka. According to Patch, the best town to live in Illinois is Winnetka.
What is the nicest suburb in Chicago?
11 Best Suburbs of Chicago
- Buffalo Grove. And Buffalo Grove, BG, is a town located in Cook and Lake County, known for its family friendly, charming and diverse atmosphere.
- Naperville. A highly populated, safe and wealthy city in DuPage County.
- Clarendon Hills.
- Long Grove.
- South Barrington.
- Western Springs.
What is there to do in Barrington?
Barrington Tops Activities
- Attraction. Careys Peak lookout.
- Tours. Jerusalem Creek Walk.
- Attraction. Barrington Tops State Forest.
- Food and drink. Dark Liquor Dungog.
- Food and drink. Gloucester Soldiers Club.
- Attraction. Vacy Bridge over Paterson River.
- Food and drink. Clarence Town Bowling, Sport and Recreation Club.
Where does the name Barrington originate from?
English: habitational name from any of several places called Barrington. The one in Gloucestershire is named with the Old English personal name Beorn + -ing- denoting association + tun ‘settlement’.
Is Barrington RI Republican or Democrat?
The town is included in Rhode Island’s 1st congressional district at the federal level and is presently represented by Democrat David Cicilline.
What is the area code for Barrington Illinois?
Barrington, IL Area Codes are Barrington, IL is officially utilizing an area code overlay in which area codes 224 and 847 serve the same geographic area.
What is the zip code for Barrington IL?
Barrington is an affluent suburban village in Cook County and Lake County, Illinois, United States. The Barrington area ZIP code, 60010, is the seventh wealthiest ZIP code in the United States among areas with a population of 20,000 or more.