- 1 How do I contact my Illinois State Representative?
- 2 Who is my Illinois state senator?
- 3 How do I address my state representative?
- 4 Who are the elected officials in Illinois?
- 5 What are three qualifications for election to the House of Representatives?
- 6 How many total senators does Illinois have?
- 7 How many years did Barack Obama spend in Illinois state senate?
- 8 Who are the officers of the Senate in Illinois?
- 9 How many US representatives are in Illinois?
- 10 How do you end a letter to a representative?
- 11 How do you address a representative in an email?
- 12 How do I write a letter to a state legislator?
How do I contact my Illinois State Representative?
Contact the State of Illinois at 217-782-2000 or 312-814-3500 to get specific numbers for members of the General Assembly or link to www.ilga.gov. For members of the U.S. Congress, call 202-224-3121 or link to http://thomas.loc.gov.
Who is my Illinois state senator?
Illinois’s current U.S. senators are Democrats Dick Durbin (serving since 1997) and Tammy Duckworth (serving since 2017).
How do I address my state representative?
Use Proper Salutation. The salutation should be ” Dear Representative Smith” or Dear Senator Smith” or “Dear Assemblyman Smith” depending on the office held. The address should read: Honorable Jim Smith, Address, City, State, Zip.
Who are the elected officials in Illinois?
The six elected officers are:
- J. B. Pritzker (D) Governor.
- Juliana Stratton (D) Lieutenant Governor.
- Kwame Raoul (D) Attorney General.
- Jesse White (D) Secretary of State.
- Susana Mendoza (D) Comptroller.
- Mike Frerichs (D) Treasurer.
What are three qualifications for election to the House of Representatives?
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 2, clause 2 The Constitution requires that Members of the House be at least 25 years old, have been a U.S. citizen for at least seven years, and live in the state they represent (though not necessarily the same district).
How many total senators does Illinois have?
Composition. The Senate is the upper chamber of the Illinois General Assembly. It is comprised of 59 senators elected from individual legislative districts determined by population.
How many years did Barack Obama spend in Illinois state senate?
Honolulu, Hawaii, U.S. Barack Obama served three terms in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2005, when he was elected to the United States Senate.
Who are the officers of the Senate in Illinois?
- Secretary of the Senate: Tim Anderson.
- Assistant Secretary of the Senate: Scott Kaiser.
- Sergeant-at-Arms: Joe Dominguez.
- Assistant Sergeant-at-Arms: Dirk R. Eilers.
How many US representatives are in Illinois?
U.S. House of Representatives List of members of the Illinois United States House delegation, their terms in office, district boundaries, and the district political ratings according to the CPVI. The delegation has a total of 18 members, with 13 Democrats and 5 Republicans.
How do you end a letter to a representative?
Restate your request at the end of the letter, for example urging them to support or oppose the bill. Thank the legislator for his or her support and offer to address any questions that he or she might have. Be sure to include your contact information, and sign the letter.
How do you address a representative in an email?
Correspondence. When sending a letter to a representative, address the envelope to “The Honorable,” followed by the representative’s full name and business address. For the salutation — both in letters and in email — use “Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms.,” followed by the representative’s last name.
How do I write a letter to a state legislator?
Here are some important tips for your letter:
- Use letterhead.
- Verify the correct spelling of the legislator’s name.
- Verify the correct title to use when addressing the legislator.
- Keep it short (one page maximum).
- Identify the issue.
- If the issue is a particular bill, verify the full name and bill number.