- 1 When’s the next election for governor in Illinois?
- 2 What ethnicity is JB Pritzker?
- 3 What does JB Pritzker do for a living?
- 4 What’s the difference between governor and lieutenant governor?
- 5 What branch is the Illinois lieutenant governor?
- 6 Who is Illinois Governor?
- 7 How many billionaires in Illinois are Pritzker?
- 8 Who is the richest person in Illinois?
- 9 Who runs Illinois?
When’s the next election for governor in Illinois?
The 2022 Illinois gubernatorial election will take place on November 8, 2022, to elect the Governor of Illinois, concurrently with the 2022 Illinois general election.
What ethnicity is JB Pritzker?
Pritzker was born and raised in Atherton, California, a member of the Pritzker family, a Jewish family prominent in business and philanthropy during the late 20th century.
What does JB Pritzker do for a living?
Corruption. Six Illinois governors have been charged with crimes during or after their governorships; four were convicted, and of those, one (Blagojevich) was the first to be impeached and removed from office.
What’s the difference between governor and lieutenant governor?
In most cases, the lieutenant governor is the highest officer of state after the governor, standing in for that officer when they are absent from the state or temporarily incapacitated. In the event a governor dies, resigns or is removed from office, the lieutenant governor typically becomes governor.
What branch is the Illinois lieutenant governor?
The Lieutenant Governor of Illinois is an elected constitutional officer, the second ranking officer of the executive branch and the first officer in line to succeed the Governor of Illinois.
Who is Illinois Governor?
JB Pritzker, Governor of the State of Illinois, in the interest of aiding the people of Illinois and the local governments responsible for ensuring public health and safety issues a Gubernatorial Disaster Proclamation in response to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation.
How many billionaires in Illinois are Pritzker?
With a net worth of $3.4 billion, Pritzker is the richest politician in the U.S., ahead of President Donald Trump. He is one of 11 billionaires in the Pritzker family.
Who is the richest person in Illinois?
• Resides: Chicago Ken Griffin founded global investment fund Citadel in 1990. With an estimated net worth of $11.7 billion, Griffin is the richest person in Illinois and one of the 100 wealthiest people in the United States.
Who runs Illinois?
Governor JB Pritzker was sworn in as the 43rd governor of the state of Illinois on January 14, 2019 and won election with the largest margin of victory over a sitting governor in more than a century.