- 1 What do you need to get a driver’s license in Illinois?
- 2 How much is a first time license in Illinois?
- 3 How do I get my first driver’s license in Illinois?
- 4 How much does REAL ID cost in Illinois?
- 5 Do I have to take a drivers test if I move to Illinois?
- 6 At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
- 7 Can you drive alone with a permit in Illinois?
- 8 How long do you have to have your permit before you can get your license in Illinois?
- 9 Do adults need a learner’s permit in Illinois?
- 10 Can you take drivers ed online in Illinois?
- 11 How much does it cost to get your license renewed in Illinois?
- 12 How long does it take to get a real ID Illinois?
- 13 Can I renew my Illinois drivers license after it expires?
- 14 What paperwork do you need to get a real ID?
What do you need to get a driver’s license in Illinois?
Provide acceptable documentation that proves name, date of birth, Illinois residency and verification of written signature; Applicants age 18-20 without a valid license must present proof of successful completion of a 6-hour adult driver education and training course.
How much is a first time license in Illinois?
Basic license, ages 18-20 – $5. Basic license, ages 21-68 – $30. Basic license, ages 69-80 – $5. Basic license, ages 81-86 – $2.
How do I get my first driver’s license in Illinois?
Getting Your First Illinois Driver’s License
- Complete an approved Adult Driver Education 6-hour course.
- Visit a Secretary of State Driver Services facility with First Time Issuance services for Drivers Licenses.
- Show the required identification documentation and have your photo taken.
- Pay the appropriate fees.
How much does REAL ID cost in Illinois?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20). -For proof of identity, a passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted. -Residents will also need to provide proof of their Social Security number.
Do I have to take a drivers test if I move to Illinois?
Do drivers moving to Illinois have to retake the written test again? Yes, when you move to Illinois you’ll need to pass the written test when you transfer your out-of-state license.
At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
Drivers age 75 and older are required to take a driving test to renew their driver’s licenses; therefore they must visit a Driver Services Facility.
Can you drive alone with a permit in Illinois?
Permit Phase Permit holders must practice driving a minimum of 50 hours, including 10 hours at night, while supervised by a licensed parent or other adult, at least 21 years of age. Permit holders may not drive between 10PM and 6AM Sunday through Thursday and may not drive from 11PM and 6AM Friday and Saturday.
How long do you have to have your permit before you can get your license in Illinois?
An applicant under age 18 is issued an instruction permit valid for two years, and the permit must be held for at least nine months prior to obtaining a driver’s license.
Do adults need a learner’s permit in Illinois?
An Illinois Instruction Permit (or learner’s permit) is not required for adults 18 and older to apply for their license, but it is the only way to receive behind-the-wheel practice before taking the Illinois driving test.
Can you take drivers ed online in Illinois?
The Illinois legislature has not yet authorized online drivers education. You can still take the course for an auto insurance discount or for your own educational purposes, but if you are required to take drivers education because of your age, you won’t get any credit for this course at the DMV.
How much does it cost to get your license renewed in Illinois?
Fees for Driver’s License Renewal in Illinois The cost of a drivers license renewal is: $30 for people between the ages of 21 and 68 years old. $5 for drivers who are under age 20 and seniors between the ages of 69 to 80 years old. $2 for people aged 81 and older.
How long does it take to get a real ID Illinois?
Step 7: After review and verification of documents have been conducted, your new permanent REAL ID card will be mailed to you within 15 business days.
Can I renew my Illinois drivers license after it expires?
You must visit a Secretary of State Driver’s License Facility to renew your license or ID card if: Your license/ID card has been expired more than one (1) year. You are not eligible to renew your driver’s license if you participated in the Safe Driver Renewal program or this online renewal program at your last renewal.
What paperwork do you need to get a real ID?
Proof of identity, date of birth and legal presence in the United States: Valid, unexpired U.S. passport, passport booklet or passport card. Original or Certified copy of U.S or U.S Territory birth certificate that bears the raised or authorized seal of the issuing jurisdiction or a protective equivalent.