- 1 What do I need to renew my license in IL?
- 2 How much is it to renew my driver’s license in Illinois?
- 3 Do I need to take a written test to renew my license in Illinois?
- 4 Can I renew my Illinois drivers license after it expires?
- 5 Is there a grace period for expired drivers license in Illinois?
- 6 How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
- 7 What happens if you fail vision test at DMV Illinois?
- 8 At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
- 9 Can I renew my il drivers license online if I need a vision test?
What do I need to renew my license in IL?
What You’ll Need to Renew your Illinois Driver License
- Present your current driver’s license to verify your identity.
- Complete the renewal application form available at a Facility.
- Proof of vision test.
- Have your picture taken.
- Renewal fee based on your age:
How much is it to renew my driver’s license in Illinois?
Fees for Driver’s License Renewal in Illinois The cost of a drivers license renewal is: $30 for people between the ages of 21 and 68 years old. $5 for drivers who are under age 20 and seniors between the ages of 69 to 80 years old. $2 for people aged 81 and older.
Do I need to take a written test to renew my license in Illinois?
A driver is required to take a written test at least once every eight years if traffic convictions have occurred. Everyone must have his or her vision screened when applying for a renewal, with the exception of Safe Driver Renewals. All persons age 75 or older must take a driving test at each renewal.
Can I renew my Illinois drivers license after it expires?
You must visit a Secretary of State Driver’s License Facility to renew your license or ID card if: Your license/ID card has been expired more than one (1) year. You are not eligible to renew your driver’s license if you participated in the Safe Driver Renewal program or this online renewal program at your last renewal.
Is there a grace period for expired drivers license in Illinois?
CHICAGO (WLS) — Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced Monday that expiration dates for driver’s licenses and ID cards have been extended for an additional five months. Now, expired driver’s licenses and ID cards will remain valid until Jan. 1, 2022.
How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20). -For proof of identity, a passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted. -Residents will also need to provide proof of their Social Security number.
What happens if you fail vision test at DMV Illinois?
By law, you must notify the Secretary of State’s office within 10 days of becoming aware of any of these conditions. Failure to do so may lead to the cancellation of your driver’s license and driving privileges.
At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
Drivers age 75 and older are required to take a driving test to renew their driver’s licenses; therefore they must visit a Driver Services Facility.
Can I renew my il drivers license online if I need a vision test?
You are able to renew your IL Driver’s License online (if your renewal letter states that you are a Safe Driver) or in person. You will have to complete another vision test when you renew your IL License in person.