- 1 How do you cite an administrative code?
- 2 Is the Illinois Administrative Code law?
- 3 How do you cite the Illinois Register?
- 4 How do you cite Illinois statutes in APA?
- 5 How do you cite administrative code in APA 7?
- 6 How do you cite the Indiana Administrative Code?
- 7 What is the difference between a regulation and a statute?
- 8 What does Jcar stand for?
- 9 What does the Illinois Commerce Commission do?
- 10 How do you cite a circuit court case in Illinois?
- 11 How do you cite a state code?
- 12 How do you cite a Federal Register?
- 13 How do you write a case citation?
- 14 How do I cite an online court case?
- 15 How do I cite an education code in APA?
How do you cite an administrative code?
Principle 1: The core of a citation to a codified federal regulation consists of three elements: Element (a) – The title number followed by a space and “C.F.R.” (for “Code of Federal Regulations”) followed by a space «e.g.» 20 C.F.R. § 404.260.
Is the Illinois Administrative Code law?
After a rule/regulation is proposed and subsequently adopted, it is codified within the Illinois Administrative Code, which is a subject compilation of all codified rules/regulations promulgated by agencies within the state of Illinois. The Illinois Administrative Code is available online from various sources.
How do you cite the Illinois Register?
When referring to the Illinois Register, the abbreviation “Ill. Reg. ” shall be used. In a citation, the number preceding “Ill. Reg.” is the volume number of the Illinois Register.
How do you cite Illinois statutes in APA?
The elements of a statute reference list entry are as follows, in order:
- name of the act.
- title, source (check the Bluebook for abbreviations), and section number of the statute;
- the publication date of the compilation you used to find the statute, in parentheses.
- URL (optional)
How do you cite administrative code in APA 7?
Sample Citations – Administrative and Executive Materials
- Reference List: Title or Number, Volume C.F.R. § xxx Page (Year). URL.
- Parenthetical Citation: (Title or Number, Year)
- Narrative Citation: Title or Number (Year)
How do you cite the Indiana Administrative Code?
According to the BlueBook, citing the Indiana Code is as follows:
- Indiana Code (Official Code):
- West’s Annotated Indiana Code:
- Burns Indiana Statutes Annotated:
What is the difference between a regulation and a statute?
A statute is a law, enacted by the state or federal legislature. Regulations are rules set by agencies that fill in the ambiguous areas of laws.
What does Jcar stand for?
Acronym. Definition. JCAR. Joint Committee on Administrative Rules.
What does the Illinois Commerce Commission do?
The ICC’s mission is to balance the interests of consumers and utilities to ensure adequate, efficient, reliable, safe and least-cost public utility services, while promoting the development of an effectively competitive energy supplier market.
How do you cite a circuit court case in Illinois?
Citing IL Case Law – Official Reporter Format (used for cases decided prior to 7/1/11) In general, cite to the case name, official reporter volume, name of the official reporter abbreviated, page number on which the opinion begins, pinpoint page(s) (if applicable), court district and year.
How do you cite a state code?
There are generally four elements in a citation to a statute in the United States Code:
- The title number.
- The abbreviation of the code used (here, U.S.C.)
- The section symbol (§) followed by a space and the section number containing the statute.
- The year of the code. (optional if citing to the current code – Bluebook R.
How do you cite a Federal Register?
July 18, 2013
- Name of the regulation. Start the reference with the name of the regulation if it is commonly identified by its name.
- Volume number. The Federal Register is divided into numbered volumes.
- Abbreviated name of the source. Use the abbreviation Fed.
- Page number.
- Date and other information.
How do you write a case citation?
U.S. Supreme Court: Official Citation
- Name of the case (italicized or underlined – assuming you are writing a brief or memo);
- Volume of the United States Reports;
- Reporter abbreviation (“U.S.”);
- First page where the case can be found in the reporter and pinpoint page if required;
How do I cite an online court case?
To cite a court case or decision, list the name of the case, the volume and abbreviated name of the reporter, the page number, the name of the court, the year, and optionally the URL. The case name is italicized in the in-text citation, but not in the reference list.
How do I cite an education code in APA?
Format 1 – Code (usually preferred format, using citation to California Codes): Name of law (if available), State Abbreviation Code Abbreviation § section number(s) (Year if available).