- 1 Can I get an IL license online?
- 2 What documents do I need to get my license in Illinois?
- 3 How much is a first time license in Illinois?
- 4 How long does it take to get a drivers license in Illinois?
- 5 Do you have to take a written test to get your license in Illinois?
- 6 Can you take drivers ed online in Illinois?
- 7 What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
- 8 How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
- 9 At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
- 10 Can you drive alone with a permit in Illinois?
- 11 What age can you get your license in Illinois?
- 12 How do I get my first driver’s license in Illinois?
- 13 How long does a real ID last in Illinois?
Can I get an IL license online?
This form is not available online; you will have to pick one up at a Secretary of State Facility. You will take the driving exam at a Secretary of State Facility on a walk-in basis. You have three chances to pass the test within the year from the date that you pay the application fee for the driver’s license.
What documents do I need to get my license in Illinois?
To receive an Illinois driver’s license/ID card, you must provide acceptable forms of identification to prove your legal name, date of birth, Social Security number, residency and signature.
How much is a first time license in Illinois?
Basic license, ages 18-20 – $5. Basic license, ages 21-68 – $30. Basic license, ages 69-80 – $5. Basic license, ages 81-86 – $2.
How long does it take to get a drivers license in Illinois?
How long does it take to get the new DL/ID in the mail? Individuals should allow up to 15 business days. The temporary secure paper document is valid for up to 90 days.
Do you have to take a written test to get your license in Illinois?
All persons age 75 and older must take a driving exam. Everyone must take a written exam every eight years except those having no traffic convictions. If you have an accident recorded on your driving record, you may be required to take the written and/or road exams.
Can you take drivers ed online in Illinois?
The Illinois legislature has not yet authorized online drivers education. You can still take the course for an auto insurance discount or for your own educational purposes, but if you are required to take drivers education because of your age, you won’t get any credit for this course at the DMV.
What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
State of IL identification card issued by the Secretary of State. Utility or rent bills in the parent’s name. Residential lease in the parent’s name. Property tax bill.
How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20). -For proof of identity, a passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted. -Residents will also need to provide proof of their Social Security number.
At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
Drivers age 75 and older are required to take a driving test to renew their driver’s licenses; therefore they must visit a Driver Services Facility.
Can you drive alone with a permit in Illinois?
Permit Phase Permit holders must practice driving a minimum of 50 hours, including 10 hours at night, while supervised by a licensed parent or other adult, at least 21 years of age. Permit holders may not drive between 10PM and 6AM Sunday through Thursday and may not drive from 11PM and 6AM Friday and Saturday.
What age can you get your license in Illinois?
Get an Illinois Driver’s License if I am a first-time driver? You must be at least 16 years of age and have successfully completed an approved driver education course (see Graduated Driver’s License section) or be at least 18 years of age.
How do I get my first driver’s license in Illinois?
Getting Your First Illinois Driver’s License
- Complete an approved Adult Driver Education 6-hour course.
- Visit a Secretary of State Driver Services facility with First Time Issuance services for Drivers Licenses.
- Show the required identification documentation and have your photo taken.
- Pay the appropriate fees.
How long does a real ID last in Illinois?
REAL ID identification cards issued to applicants 65 or older will expire in eight years. REAL ID disabled ID cards will expire in eight years. All other REAL ID identification cards are valid for the same length of time as standard ID cards.