- 1 Do you need a title for a boat trailer in Illinois?
- 2 How do I title a trailer in Illinois?
- 3 How long does it take to get boat registration in Illinois?
- 4 Can I register a trailer with a bill of sale in Illinois?
- 5 How do I get a replacement title for a trailer in Illinois?
- 6 Does Illinois have a lifetime license plate for trailers?
- 7 How do I get a title for a trailer in Indiana?
- 8 Do I need to register my trailer in Illinois?
- 9 Do you need a license plate for a trailer in Illinois?
- 10 How much is a trailer title transfer in Illinois?
- 11 Is boat insurance mandatory in Illinois?
- 12 What is a Class 1 boat in Illinois?
Do you need a title for a boat trailer in Illinois?
When you are buying or selling a trailer in Illinois, it must have a title. The Illinois Secretary of State’s office handles titling duties for trailers, including boat trailers. To obtain a duplicate title, the original must be lost, stolen or mutilated.
How do I title a trailer in Illinois?
The Electronic Registration and Title (ERT) System allows you to complete and print an Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) (VSD 190) online. Alternatively, you may obtain Title and Registration applications by visiting the nearest Secretary of State facility or call toll-free within Illinois: 1-(800) 252-8980.
How long does it take to get boat registration in Illinois?
How long does it take for my application to be processed? Due to COVID-19 and minimal staffing, please allow 10 – 12 weeks processing time. Please keep the temporary permit copy of the watercraft application with you while boating in Illinois.
Can I register a trailer with a bill of sale in Illinois?
You aren’t required to use a bill of sale in Illinois to register a vehicle.
How do I get a replacement title for a trailer in Illinois?
You must fill out the Application for Vehicle Transaction(s) (VSD 190).
- Check the box for Duplicate Title in the top section.
- Fill out every section which applies.
- For mobile homes, square footage must be completed.
- Sign the document.
- Write in the exact Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
Does Illinois have a lifetime license plate for trailers?
There is a lifetime trailer plate available from the state of Illinois provided your truck, your trailer and your load weighs less than 8,000 pounds.
How do I get a title for a trailer in Indiana?
Call your local police department and ask for a vehicle inspection. The police officer who inspects your cargo trailer and completes the form can charge a fee up to $5 for this service. Bring the completed and signed Form 39530 to the BMV, where employees will give you the title for your trailer.
Do I need to register my trailer in Illinois?
All trailers in Illinois require special license plates from the DMV. Drivers who operate vehicles that weigh between 16,000 and 26,000 pounds or tow trailers over 10,000 pounds need a Class C license.
Do you need a license plate for a trailer in Illinois?
A trailer is defined as “Every vehicle without motive power in operation, other than a pole trailer, designed for carrying persons or property and for being drawn by a motor vehicle and so constructed that no part of its weight rests upon the towing vehicle” (625 ILCS 5/1-209). One plate is issued to each trailer.
How much is a trailer title transfer in Illinois?
Title fees in Illinois are $95, and they’re due at the time of transfer.
Is boat insurance mandatory in Illinois?
Despite the fact that the state of Illinois does not require boat owners to purchase insurance, most people realize the importance of doing so. Just as insurance is important for your car, you should think the same way in terms of protecting your boat.
What is a Class 1 boat in Illinois?
Class 1 – All powered Watercraft less than 16 ft. except non-powered – $28.00. Class 2 – 16 ft. to less than 26 ft. – $60.00.