- 1 Do all counties in Illinois require emissions testing?
- 2 What cars are exempt from emissions in Illinois?
- 3 Does my vehicle need an emissions test Illinois?
- 4 What do I need for emissions test Illinois?
- 5 How old does a car have to be to be exempt from emissions in Illinois?
- 6 What counties in Illinois do not require emissions?
- 7 Do you need an emissions test every year in Illinois?
- 8 How old does a car have to be to not need inspection in NC?
- 9 Can you sell a car that failed emissions in Illinois?
- 10 What do I bring to an emissions test?
- 11 Does Jiffy Lube do emission tests?
- 12 Is there a grace period for license plate stickers in Illinois?
- 13 How do I get an emissions waiver in Illinois?
Do all counties in Illinois require emissions testing?
Vehicle emission testing applies to all vehicles registered in Cook, Du Page and Lake Counties, as well as most of Kane, Kendall, McHenry and Will Counties and in Madison, Monroe and St. Clair Counties in the Metro East area.
What cars are exempt from emissions in Illinois?
- New vehicles for the newest four (4) model years.
- Pre-1968 model year vehicles.
- Vehicles of model year 1995 or before that were in compliance with the Illinois Vehicle Emissions Inspection Law on February 1, 2007.
- Electric Vehicles.
- Vehicles registered as antiques, expanded use antiques, customs and street rods.
Does my vehicle need an emissions test Illinois?
You must take an emissions test for your car if it is more than 4 years old and gas-powered. You cannot renew your car’s registration if you do not take an emissions test. The rule does not apply to diesel trucks, and completely electric vehicles. If your vehicle is registered outside of Illinois, you also are exempt.
What do I need for emissions test Illinois?
What to do Before Arriving at the Testing Station: Bring your vehicles test notice with you. Make sure you are bringing the correct vehicle that matches the vehicle on the test notice. Drive your vehicle for 15 minutes prior to testing, this ensures it’s completely warmed up.
How old does a car have to be to be exempt from emissions in Illinois?
Most 1996 and newer gasoline-powered passenger vehicles are subject to emissions inspections after they are four years old (e.g. 2012 vehicles are being inspected in 2016 for the first time).
What counties in Illinois do not require emissions?
Vehicles within zip codes specified below are excluded from Illinois emissions testing laws: Kane (excluded zip codes: 60109, 60119, 60135, 60140, 60142, 60144, 60147, 60151, 60152, 60178, 60182, 60511, 60520, 60545, and 60554) Emissions testing in Illinois is only required in the following counties:
Do you need an emissions test every year in Illinois?
The Illinois law states that vehicles must undergo an emissions test every two years. There can be exempts from emissions testing, depending on the vehicle type and area zip code. If the car has failed the emissions test, it will have to be retested.
How old does a car have to be to not need inspection in NC?
Vehicles more than 30 years old are exempt from the annual safety inspection.
Can you sell a car that failed emissions in Illinois?
Yes, a car can be sold as is which means there is no warranty that it operates, will pass an emission test, is in good repair or bad repair. The sale means Buyer Beware because all risks of purchase are upon the buyer.
What do I bring to an emissions test?
What do I need to bring with me when I have my car inspected? You will need to bring $9.00 for the test fee. Although not required, we recommend that you bring your vehicle’s registration and/or renewal notice.
Does Jiffy Lube do emission tests?
If your vehicle is due for its emissions inspection, Jiffy Lube ® has you covered with quick and convenient service. In the U.S., vehicle emissions inspection is governed by each state or municipality individually.
Is there a grace period for license plate stickers in Illinois?
The receipt, which is generated after an online sticker purchase, is valid for no more than 30 days from the expiration of the previous license plate registration sticker’s date. “Many customers visit Driver Services facilities to buy their stickers a day or two before they are set to expire,” said White.
How do I get an emissions waiver in Illinois?
The vehicle owner has the repairs completed on their vehicle and it still fails the check, the vehicle owner may be eligible for a Repair waiver. In order to apply for the waiver, the vehicle must have received the maximum number of repairs allowed for under the vehicle’s emission performance warranty.