- 1 How safe is Murphysboro IL?
- 2 What county is Carbondale?
- 3 Is Murphysboro IL a good place to live?
- 4 What is the county seat of Jackson County Il?
- 5 Is Carbondale IL a good place to live?
- 6 What is Carbondale co known for?
- 7 Why is Carbondale called Little Egypt?
- 8 What restaurants are in Murphysboro Illinois?
- 9 What is the Big Muddy Monster?
- 10 What is the zip code for Murphysboro Illinois?
How safe is Murphysboro IL?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Murphysboro is 1 in 44. Based on FBI crime data, Murphysboro is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Murphysboro has a crime rate that is higher than 82% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What county is Carbondale?
The City of Carbondale is a city in Jackson County, in the state of Illinois, within the Southern Illinois region. It is located at the junction of Illinois Route 13 and US Route 51, 96 miles (154 kilometers) southeast of St Louis, Missouri, on the northern edge of the Shawnee National Forest.
Is Murphysboro IL a good place to live?
Murphysboro is a great place to live, work, worship, and raise a family. We have beautiful scenery, small town charm, excellent wineries, breweries, and restaurants, and both private and public education. Close enough to commute to many different cities, definitely a great choice to call home!
What is the county seat of Jackson County Il?
Is Carbondale IL a good place to live?
The many benefits of living in the Carbondale metro include low crime, comfortable summers and affordability. The annual BestPlaces Comfort Index for the Carbondale-Marion metro area is 7.2 (10=best), which means it is one of the most pleasant places in Illinois.
What is Carbondale co known for?
It’s mostly known for its growing culinary scene and abundance of activities to do in summer, but the world-class skiing and winter wonderland of Aspen is only 30 miles away. Many visitors to the area make Carbondale their base for activities such as hiking, biking, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and fishing.
Why is Carbondale called Little Egypt?
The Carbondale area is referred to as “Little Egypt.” Theories about the nickname’s origins range from the region’s supplying grain to northern and central Illinois during an 1800’s famine, to comparing Illinois’ southern tip to Egypt’s Nile delta region.
What restaurants are in Murphysboro Illinois?
Expand your search.
- 17th Street. 224 reviewsClosed Now.
- Pat’s BBQ and Catering. 60 reviewsClosed Now.
- Cummare’s Italian Ristorante. 104 reviewsClosed Now.
- Midland Inn. 96 reviewsClosed Now.
- Rule of Pie. 24 reviews.
- Sergio’s Mexican. 48 reviews.
- Cindy B’s Cafe. 29 reviews.
- Martel’s Pizza. 8 reviewsClosed Now.
What is the Big Muddy Monster?
It was in those two evenings that reports came in of a loud, tall, white-haired creature caked with mud being spotted in the woods on the outskirts of town near the Big Muddy River. It was later dubbed the Big Muddy Monster because of its indefinable features and mysterious presence.
What is the zip code for Murphysboro Illinois?