- 1 What documents do I need to renew my license in Illinois?
- 2 What documents are needed for Illinois driver’s license?
- 3 Can I renew my license without a renewal notice in Illinois?
- 4 How long can you go without renewing your driver’s license in Illinois?
- 5 How can I prove residency quickly?
- 6 How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
- 7 What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
- 8 How often do you need to renew your driver’s license in Illinois?
- 9 Is there an extension on driver’s license renewal in Illinois?
What documents do I need to renew my license in Illinois?
Written signature (current driver’s license, canceled check, court order, credit card) Date of birth (birth certificate, adoption record, citizenship certificate, U.S. passport) Social Security number (social security card, W-2 form) Residency (bank statement, insurance policy, pay stub, utility bill)
What documents are needed for Illinois driver’s license?
Provide acceptable documentation that proves name, date of birth, Illinois residency and verification of written signature; Applicants age 18-20 without a valid license must present proof of successful completion of a 6-hour adult driver education and training course.
Can I renew my license without a renewal notice in Illinois?
Yes. The renewal letter is not required to renew a driver’s license. The license may be renewed up to one year before the expiration date. How can I renew my Illinois driver’s license while I am temporarily out-of-state?
How long can you go without renewing your driver’s license in Illinois?
While there’s a grace period of up to one year to renew an expired Illinois driver’s license, failure to renew the license within a year will result in more dire consequences. These could include being required to take additional driving tests as part of the renewal process.
How can I prove residency quickly?
How to Get Proof of Address Quickly
- Visit your bank or credit union and ask for a copy of your most recent account statement that includes your name and address.
- In some cases, any piece of mail specifically addressed to your name rather than “occupant” or “resident” can be accepted as proof of residency.
How much does a real ID cost in Illinois?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20). -For proof of identity, a passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted. -Residents will also need to provide proof of their Social Security number.
What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
State of IL identification card issued by the Secretary of State. Utility or rent bills in the parent’s name. Residential lease in the parent’s name. Property tax bill.
How often do you need to renew your driver’s license in Illinois?
Do I Need to Renew My Driver’s License? Drivers who are aged 21 to 80 will have to complete an Illinois license renewal every four years, while those aged 81 to 86 will need to renew every two years. If you are over age 87, you will have to renew every year.
Is there an extension on driver’s license renewal in Illinois?
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White announced that expiration dates for driver’s licenses and ID cards have been extended an additional five months — from Aug. 1, 2021, to Jan. 1, 2022. 1, 2022 extension also includes expiration dates that will occur between July and December of this year.