- 1 What items does WIC cover?
- 2 What cereal can you get on WIC in Illinois?
- 3 What brands can I buy with WIC?
- 4 What can WIC be used for?
- 5 How many cans of formula does WIC give a month?
- 6 What foods do you get on WIC while pregnant?
- 7 Why does WIC give 1% milk?
- 8 What cheese can I buy with WIC?
- 9 Can I get Greek yogurt with WIC?
- 10 Does WIC give you almond milk?
- 11 Can you use WIC online at Walmart?
- 12 What oatmeal can you get on WIC?
- 13 How does WIC verify income?
- 14 What kind of peanut butter can you get on WIC?
- 15 Does WIC cover Similac pro advance?
What items does WIC cover?
wic eligible food items
- Fruits and Vegetables. Can be purchased fresh, canned or frozen.
- Fruit Juices. Only unsweetened juices.
- Beans, Peas and Lentils. Any plain canned or dried beans.
- Peanut Butter. All brands creamy or crunchy.
- Whole Grain Breads, Pasta and Tortillas; Brown Rice:
What cereal can you get on WIC in Illinois?
Cereal – Store Brands
- Shredded Wheat (frosted, blueberry, strawberry cream)
- Bran Flakes.
- Toasted Oats (plain, multi-grain)
- National Brands.
- Kix (plain, honey, berry berry)
- Frosted Mini Wheats.
- Corn Flakes.
- Complete Bran Flakes (wheat)
What brands can I buy with WIC?
Among the popular brands that help WIC families meet the nutrition goals set by the WIC program are:
- Cascadian Farm.
- Muri Glen.
What can WIC be used for?
Services provided by WIC: Supplemental nutritious foods (cereal, milk, cheese, eggs, juice, beans, peanut butter and infant formula) at no cost. Nutrition education and counseling. Money-saving system that can be used to purchase fresh fruits, vegetables, meat, baby foods, and other foods the program does not provide.
How many cans of formula does WIC give a month?
Considering this, how many cans of formula does WIC provide in California? Months 4 and 5, WIC provides 10 cans of powder or approximately 30 ounces of reconstituted formula a day.
What foods do you get on WIC while pregnant?
Women pregnant with 2 or more babies will receive the same amount of cereal, whole grains, fruit juice, beans/peanut butter, and fruits/vegetables. They will also receive the following: 5 gallons 1% lowfat or fat free milk, 32 oz yogurt, 2 lb cheese, 2 dozen eggs, and 30 oz canned tuna fish, salmon, or mackerel.
Why does WIC give 1% milk?
“One percent and nonfat milk have the same nutrients as 2 percent and whole milk; the only difference is the amount of fat. One percent and nonfat milk have less calories and cholesterol,” said Cathy Franklin, nutrition coordinator for the state’s WIC program.
What cheese can I buy with WIC?
- Pasteurized Processed American.
- Natural Cheddar.
- Monterey Jack.
- Mozzarella: part skim or whole.
Can I get Greek yogurt with WIC?
Plain yogurt has the least amount sugar since it has no added flavor or fruit. What’s the difference between Greek yogurt and other yogurts? higher protein content than other yogurts. Some Greek yogurts will be WIC-allowed.
Does WIC give you almond milk?
The WIC program offers soy beverage as an alternative to milk for those participants. Recently, other non-dairy beverages have become readily available as milk alternatives, such as almond and rice beverages.
Can you use WIC online at Walmart?
Unfortunately, no. We do not currently support WIC in Grocery Pickup. SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) is the program formerly known as food stamps. Walmart accepts SNAP benefits via EBT cards at all participating Walmart Online Pickup & Delivery locations.
What oatmeal can you get on WIC?
Regular, Instant, Boil-in-Bag, Basmati, Jasmine, Short Grain, and Long Grain are allowed. Use the WIC Shopping Guide to learn which specific brands of the WIC approved foods to buy.
How does WIC verify income?
Social Security card for each person applying for WIC. It is used to match Food Stamps and Medicaid records to verify participation in those programs to help establish income eligibility for WIC.
What kind of peanut butter can you get on WIC?
- Any texture, such as creamy, smooth, crunchy, chunky, super crunchy, or super chunky.
- Old fashioned or natural is allowed.
Does WIC cover Similac pro advance?
Formulas for Medical Conditions WIC may be able to assist the family with one of the following formulas: WIC programs do not provide Similac Advance, Similac Soy Isomil, Similac Sensitive, or Nestle’s Good Start.