- 1 Is Joliet IL dangerous?
- 2 Is Joliet considered Chicago?
- 3 Is Joliet a good place to live?
- 4 What is the closest city to Joliet Illinois?
- 5 Is Joliet Illinois a safe city?
- 6 What is the safest place to live in Illinois?
- 7 Why is Joliet Illinois famous?
- 8 What is Joliet Illinois famous for?
- 9 What is the largest suburb of Chicago?
- 10 Can you get a ticket for saying Joliet wrong?
- 11 Is Chicago IL Safe?
- 12 Is Aurora Illinois safe?
- 13 What towns are near Plainfield IL?
Is Joliet IL dangerous?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Joliet is 1 in 50. Based on FBI crime data, Joliet is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Joliet has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Joliet considered Chicago?
Joliet (/ˈdʒoʊliɛt, dʒoʊliˈɛt/) is a city in Will and Kendall counties in the U.S. state of Illinois, 30 miles (48 km) southwest of Chicago. At the 2010 census, the city was the fourth-largest in Illinois, with a population of 147,433.
Is Joliet a good place to live?
It is a place with a lot to offer. The neighborhoods surrounding Joliet West High School are well kept and peaceful. There is a sense of community in downtown Joliet and plenty of small businesses to support. Joliet is great for a small city and I have not had a terrible experience while living there.
What is the closest city to Joliet Illinois?
Major cities near Joliet, IL
- 34 miles to Chicago, IL.
- 105 miles to Milwaukee, WI.
- 127 miles to Madison, WI.
- 155 miles to Fort Wayne, IN.
- 157 miles to Indianapolis, IN.
- 228 miles to Saint Louis, MO.
- 235 miles to Toledo, OH.
- 249 miles to Cincinnati, OH.
Is Joliet Illinois a safe city?
Joliet is in the 43rd percentile for safety, meaning 57% of cities are safer and 43% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Joliet’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Joliet is 29.45 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
What is the safest place to live in Illinois?
According To Safewise, These Are The 10 Safest Cities To Live In Illinois In 2021
- Lake in the Hills.
- Orland Hills. Inventorchris/Flickr.
- Elburn. Slambo/Wikimedia Commons.
- Lindenhurst. Village of Lindenhurst, IL/Facebook.
- Inverness. *Hajee/Flickr.
- Hawthorn Woods. Inventorchris/Flickr.
- Campton Hills. Teemu008/Flickr.
Why is Joliet Illinois famous?
Joliet was once known as “Stone City” for its limestone, which was used throughout the Midwest (e.g., in the Rock Island Arsenal, the Illinois State House, and the Lincoln Monument in Springfield). Joliet features a historical museum (opened 2002) and is the site of Chicagoland Speedway and Route 66 Raceway.
What is Joliet Illinois famous for?
Known as the “Crossroads of Mid-America,” an array of companies have selected Joliet for over a century due to its access to multi-modal infrastructure and diverse local economy. A prominent industrial sector is driving job creation and economic growth.
What is the largest suburb of Chicago?
Elgin. Evanston. Joliet — largest after Chicago by land area.
Can you get a ticket for saying Joliet wrong?
Town fathers in Joliet, reflecting the pet peeve of hearing their town’s name mispronounced ‘Jolly-ETTE’ when all local folk know it’s pronounced ‘Joe-lee-ETTE’, made pronouncing it Jolly-ette a misdemeanor, punishable by a $5 fine.
Is Chicago IL Safe?
Chicago, IL crime analytics With a crime rate of 40 per one thousand residents, Chicago has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 25.
Is Aurora Illinois safe?
Aurora has an overall crime rate of 13 per 1,000 residents, making the crime rate here near the average for all cities and towns of all sizes in America. According to our analysis of FBI crime data, your chance of becoming a victim of crime in Aurora is 1 in 78.
What towns are near Plainfield IL?
Cities near Plainfield, Illinois:
- Romeoville, IL.
- Shorewood, IL.
- Crest Hill, IL.
- Oswego, IL.
- Lockport, IL.
- Naperville, IL.
- Bolingbrook, IL.
- Joliet, IL.