What county is Watseka?
Watseka is a city in and the county seat of Iroquois County, Illinois, United States. It is located approximately 15 miles west of the Illinois-Indiana state line on U.S. Route 24.
What is Watseka Illinois known for?
Watseka or Watchekee (c. 1810–1878) was a Potawatomi Native American woman, born in Illinois, and named for the heroine of a Potawatomi legend. Her uncle was Tamin, the chief of the Kankakee Potawatomi Indians.
How big is Watseka?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Watseka is 1 in 31. Based on FBI crime data, Watseka is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Watseka has a crime rate that is higher than 91% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is there to do in Watseka IL?
- Watseka Theatre. Theaters.
- Hang Glide Chicago. Air Tours.
- Skydive Greater. Adrenaline & Extreme Tours.
- 2020. B. Harley Bradley House. Architectural Buildings.
- Fowler Theater. Movie Theaters.
- Benton County Wind Farm Tours. Farms.
- Kankakee County Museum. Speciality Museums.
- Grapes & Hops. Wine Bars.
What restaurants are in Watseka Illinois?
Expand your search.
- La Potosina Mexican Restaurant. 41 reviews.
- Watseka Family Table Restaurant. 36 reviewsOpen Now.
- Monicals Pizza. 18 reviewsOpen Now.
- Vips Family Restaurant. 20 reviews.
- The Copper Pot Coffeehouse. 7 reviewsOpen Now.
- Monical’s Pizza Express of Watseka. 4 reviewsOpen Now.
- Steak ‘n Shake.
- Dairy Queen.
How old is Watseka Illinois?
History. Incorporated in 1865, the name “Watseka” derives from the Potawatomi name “Watch-e-kee”, “Daughter of the Evening Star”, the wife of early eastern Illinois settler Gurdon Saltonstall Hubbard. The Old Iroquois County Courthouse was constructed in 1866, with two additions built in 1881 and 1927.
When was Watseka IL founded?
In 1865 Watseka, Illinois was founded. It isn’t exactly clear who actually established the town. She was the daughter of a Potawatomi chief. And wife of early Eastern Illinois settler Gurdon Hubbard.
Where is wrenched filmed?
The show, which airs on the MotorTrend Network, formerly the Velocity Channel, is filmed in Watseka and features Nichols and his crew as they do what they do best: build custom vehicles.
What county is Iroquois?