- 1 What documents do you need to get a passport in Illinois?
- 2 What information is required to apply for a passport?
- 3 Do I need any documents to get my passport?
- 4 Is it better to get passport book or card?
- 5 Can the post office take your passport photo?
- 6 Do I need my Social Security card to get my passport?
- 7 What is the current passport fee 2020?
- 8 How long does it take to get a new passport?
- 9 How can I get a passport quickly?
- 10 How long does your passport last?
What documents do you need to get a passport in Illinois?
- Application forms (unsigned)
- Proof of identity document and a photocopy of the front and back.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship document and a photocopy of the front and back.
- Passport fees.
What information is required to apply for a passport?
Items You Need to Apply for a U.S. Passport
- An original proof of citizenship document.
- An acceptable photo ID document.
- A photocopy of the front and back of the citizenship document and photo ID document.
Do I need any documents to get my passport?
You must submit your completed application, including citizenship evidence, photocopy of ID, photo, and fees, in person at a passport acceptance facility. You may be eligible to apply in person at a passport agency if you are traveling soon. Please see Get My Passport Fast for more information.
Is it better to get passport book or card?
It is also notably cheaper to get a passport card than a standard passport book. However, a passport card is only useful in limited situations. Conversely, a passport book is valid for all types of travel (land, sea or air) to any destination.
Can the post office take your passport photo?
For a $15 fee, your passport photo may be taken at many of the Post Office facilities that accept passport applications. Please check with your local Post Office™ facility to make sure it offers photo service and whether an appointment is necessary if you need passport photos. My passport has been damaged.
Do I need my Social Security card to get my passport?
Getting a passport can feel like a daunting task. You must provide Social Security number in order to apply for your US passport. If you don’t have you Social Security Card, you should order a replacement card for when you apply for your passport. Having a Social Security card is very important.
What is the current passport fee 2020?
New Passport (for adults age 16 and older): For a new adult passport book: $110 application fee and a $35 execution fee. The new total fee is $145. If you want to expedite at a post office you can pay an additional $60 fee to return the passport in 4-6 weeks.
How long does it take to get a new passport?
It normally takes about three weeks to receive a passport, no matter where you apply. A child passport without full parental consent takes much longer. To minimise processing time, make sure your application includes everything we need.
How can I get a passport quickly?
Click on Apply for Fresh Passport or Reissue of Passport link. Fill in the required details in the form and submit. After submitting the form for fresh or reissue of Passport, click the “Pay and Schedule Appointment” link to schedule an appointment at Passport Seva Kendra (PSK).
How long does your passport last?
If you were age 16 or older when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 10 years. If you were under 16 when your passport was issued, your passport is valid for 5 years.