- 1 What do I need to get my first driver’s license in Illinois?
- 2 What do you need to get your license in Illinois at 16?
- 3 Do you need birth certificate for Illinois drivers license?
- 4 What documents do you need for Illinois road test?
- 5 Do I have to take a drivers test if I move to Illinois?
- 6 Can you practice driving without a permit in Illinois?
- 7 How late can a 17 year old drive in Illinois?
- 8 How many passengers can a 17 year old drive in Illinois?
- 9 What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
- 10 How much does REAL ID cost in Illinois?
- 11 What is proof of signature Illinois?
- 12 Is parallel parking on the Illinois driving test?
- 13 At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
- 14 How many mistakes are allowed on road test Illinois?
What do I need to get my first driver’s license in Illinois?
Getting Your First Illinois Driver’s License
- Complete an approved Adult Driver Education 6-hour course.
- Visit a Secretary of State Driver Services facility with First Time Issuance services for Drivers Licenses.
- Show the required identification documentation and have your photo taken.
- Pay the appropriate fees.
What do you need to get your license in Illinois at 16?
To apply for a driver’s license at age 16, a student who has held an instruction permit for nine months must visit a Driver Services facility and provide the following: 50 hour certificate verifying practice driving time; written parental consent; acceptable identification verifying full legal name, written signature,
Do you need birth certificate for Illinois drivers license?
New card — To obtain a new card, documents that show age, citizenship or lawful alien status, and who you are (i.e., birth certificate and school record) are required. Photocopies of identification documents and notarized copies are not accepted.
What documents do you need for Illinois road test?
Documentation Requirements for the Written Illinois Driving Exam:
- Proof of date of birth (example, certified birth certificate or valid U.S. passport)
- Proof of Social Security number (example, Social Security card or pay stub)
- Proof of residency (one document) (example, bank statement, or electric or gas bill)
Do I have to take a drivers test if I move to Illinois?
Do drivers moving to Illinois have to retake the written test again? Yes, when you move to Illinois you’ll need to pass the written test when you transfer your out-of-state license.
Can you practice driving without a permit in Illinois?
Do I need an Instruction Permit? An Illinois Instruction Permit (or learner’s permit) is not required for adults 18 and older to apply for their license, but it is the only way to receive behind-the-wheel practice before taking the Illinois driving test.
How late can a 17 year old drive in Illinois?
Initial Licensing Phase — Drivers Age 16-17 Nighttime driving restrictions — Sun. -Thurs., 10 p.m.-6 a.m.; Fri. -Sat., 11 p.m.-6 a.m. (local curfews may differ). Must maintain a conviction-free driving record for six months prior to turning 18 before moving to the Full Licensing Phase.
How many passengers can a 17 year old drive in Illinois?
A: Drivers in the permit phase (age 15) and the initial licensing phase (ages 16 and 17) are limited to one passenger in the front seat and the number of safety belts in the back seat.
What counts as proof of residency in Illinois?
State of IL identification card issued by the Secretary of State. Utility or rent bills in the parent’s name. Residential lease in the parent’s name. Property tax bill.
How much does REAL ID cost in Illinois?
A REAL ID card will cost the same as a driver’s license ($30) or a state ID ($20). -For proof of identity, a passport, a U.S. birth certificate, an employment authorization document, or a permanent resident card will be accepted. -Residents will also need to provide proof of their Social Security number.
What is proof of signature Illinois?
Those can include a utility bill, a rental agreement, a deed/title, or a bank statement. -Residents will need to provide proof of signature. A credit or debit card, a canceled check, or a current Illinois driver’s license or ID can be used for proof of signature.
Is parallel parking on the Illinois driving test?
Parallel parking is not listed among maneuvers you are required to perform during a driving exam in Illinois, according to the state’s driver’s manual. The manual only specifies that, if you do parallel park, the vehicle should be within 12 inches of the curb and be pointed in the same direction in which traffic moves.
At what age do seniors have to take a driving test in Illinois?
Drivers age 75 and older are required to take a driving test to renew their driver’s licenses; therefore they must visit a Driver Services Facility.
How many mistakes are allowed on road test Illinois?
You are allowed up to 7 mistakes on the written test in Illinois.