- 1 How cold does it get in Joliet IL?
- 2 What kind of weather is Illinois having?
- 3 How much snow is in Chicago?
- 4 What is the average temperature in January in Joliet Illinois?
- 5 What is the coldest month in Illinois?
- 6 Is Illinois a good place to live?
- 7 How long is winter in Illinois?
- 8 What month does it rain the most in Illinois?
- 9 What is the coldest city in Illinois?
- 10 What is the hottest month in Illinois?
How cold does it get in Joliet IL?
In Joliet, the summers are long, warm, humid, and wet; the winters are freezing and windy; and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 17°F to 84°F and is rarely below -2°F or above 92°F.
What kind of weather is Illinois having?
Illinois’ climate is typically continental with cold winters, warm summers, and frequent short fluctuations in temperature, humidity, cloudiness, and wind direction. Many consider the more moderate temperatures of spring and fall to be the most pleasant.
How much snow is in Chicago?
34.8 inches: 2019-2020. 49.5 inches: 2018-2019.
What is the average temperature in January in Joliet Illinois?
In Joliet, Illinois, in January, the average high-temperature is 29.3°F (-1.5°C), and the average low-temperature is 17.4°F (-8.1°C).
What is the coldest month in Illinois?
Chicago’s coldest month is January when the average temperature overnight is 14.3°F. In July, the warmest month, the average day time temperature rises to 83.5°F.
Is Illinois a good place to live?
Still, Illinois is one of the better places to live in the country. The typical household in the state earns $62,992 a year, more than $2,500 higher than the U.S. median household income. Though the state’s annual unemployment rate of 5.0% is the sixth highest among states, it is improving relatively quickly.
How long is winter in Illinois?
The cold season lasts for 3.2 months, from December 2 to March 9, with an average daily high temperature below 43°F. The coldest day of the year is January 29, with an average low of 22°F and high of 33°F.
What month does it rain the most in Illinois?
Average monthly rainy days in Chicago (Illinois)
- On average, May is the most rainy with 13.0 days of rain/snow.
- On average, October is the driest month with 8.0 rainy day.
- The average annual amount of rainy days is: 122.0 days.
What is the coldest city in Illinois?
Coldest: Dixon, Illinois.
What is the hottest month in Illinois?
Weather in July July is by far the hottest month of the year in Illinois with the highest number of sunny days. The average high temperatures in the state are in the hot 82°F (27.8°C) to 89°F (31.7°C), while the nights are comparatively mild between 62°F (16.7°C) to 69°F (20.6°C).