- 1 What is there to do in Downers Grove Downtown?
- 2 What is there to do in Downers Grove today?
- 3 What is Downers Grove Illinois known for?
- 4 Is Downers Grove a good area?
- 5 Is Downers Grove IL safe?
- 6 Why is Aurora the City of Lights?
- 7 What is the elevation of Downers Grove Illinois?
- 8 Is Lombard IL safe?
- 9 What state is Downers Grove in?
What is there to do in Downers Grove Downtown?
Entertainment in Downers Grove
- Tivoli Theatre. 5201 Highland Avenue, Downers Grove.
- Tivoli Bowl. 938 Warren Avenue, Downers Grove.
- McCollum Park. 6801 S.
- Miner Mike’s Adventure Golf. 6801 S.
- Downers Grove Museum. 831 Maple Ave.,
- Laser Quest Downers Grove.
- Downers Grove Ice Arena.
- All Aboard Cafe.
What is there to do in Downers Grove today?
Things to do ranked using Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, and popularity.
- Tivoli Theatre Downers Grove. 212.
- Alter Brewing Company. Breweries.
- Barth Pond. Bodies of Water.
- Downers Grove Park District Museum.
- Hidden Lake Forrest Preserve.
- Downers Grove Public Library.
- McCollum Park.
- Ebersold Park.
What is Downers Grove Illinois known for?
The village is known for a collection of as many as 200 do-it-yourself Sears catalog homes built from 1910 to the 1940s. The historic nine-hole Downers Grove Golf Course, the first course west of the Allegheny Mountains, was established in 1892 and designed by noted course architect Charles Blair Macdonald.
Is Downers Grove a good area?
Downers Grove is in DuPage County and is one of the best places to live in Illinois. Living in Downers Grove offers residents an urban suburban mix feel and most residents own their homes. In Downers Grove there are a lot of restaurants, coffee shops, and parks. The public schools in Downers Grove are highly rated.
Is Downers Grove IL safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Downers Grove is 1 in 63. Based on FBI crime data, Downers Grove is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Downers Grove has a crime rate that is higher than 70% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Why is Aurora the City of Lights?
In 1908, Aurora adopted the nickname “City of Lights”, because in 1881 it was one of the first cities in the United States to implement an all-electric street lighting system. Aurora’s historic downtown is located on the Fox River, and centered on Stolp Island.
What is the elevation of Downers Grove Illinois?
The majority of the Village of Downers Grove is within the 6th US Congressional District of Illinois. As of 2018 this district is represented by Sean Casten (Democrat). Portions of southwest Downers Grove are within 11th US Congressional District. This district is represented by Bill Foster (Democratic).
Is Lombard IL safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Lombard is 1 in 45. Based on FBI crime data, Lombard is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Lombard has a crime rate that is higher than 81% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What state is Downers Grove in?