- 1 Is Blue Island a bad neighborhood?
- 2 Is Blue Island a good place to live?
- 3 What side of Chicago is Blue Island?
- 4 Why is Blue Island Illinois called Blue Island?
- 5 What places to avoid in Chicago?
- 6 Which side is the bad side of Chicago?
- 7 What township is Robbins Il in?
- 8 What is Blue Island Illinois known for?
- 9 What state is blue island in?
Is Blue Island a bad neighborhood?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Blue Island is 1 in 49. Based on FBI crime data, Blue Island is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Blue Island has a crime rate that is higher than 77% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
Is Blue Island a good place to live?
Blue Island is a wholesome community great for raising families and participating in sports. Blue Island is very welcoming and loving. Blue island is in a rapid decline in all areas.
What side of Chicago is Blue Island?
Cook County, 16 miles S of the Loop. Blue Island stands on the southern end of an ancient glacial ridge five miles long, extending northward along Western Avenue and Vincennes Road from 131st Street to 87th Street. The ridge stood as an island in glacial Lake Chicago, the predecessor of Lake Michigan.
Why is Blue Island Illinois called Blue Island?
The Blue Island Plan In 1834, the Chicago Democrat observed “the ridge, when viewed from a distance, appears standing in an azure mist of vapor, hence the appellation, Blue Island.” Norman and Julia Rexford are celebrated as the first permanent residents.
What places to avoid in Chicago?
The most dangerous neighborhoods of Chicago are:
- West Garfield Park. West Garfield Park is the most dangerous neighborhood in Chicago.
- Washington Park. Washington Park is the second most dangerous neighborhood in Chicago.
- East Garfield Park.
- North Lawndale.
- Grand Crossing.
- West Englewood.
Which side is the bad side of Chicago?
Based on these data, “bad neighborhoods” would include the Near North Side, Austin, the Loop, the Near West Side, West Town, South Shore, Lake View, Humboldt Park, Logan Square, and North Lawndale.
What township is Robbins Il in?
What is Blue Island Illinois known for?
Today, downtown Blue Island is better known for its antique stores, art galleries, ethnic delicatessens and fine dining.
What state is blue island in?
Goose Island is a 160-acre (65-hectare) artificial island in Chicago, Illinois, formed by the North Branch of the Chicago River on the west and the North Branch Canal on the east. It is about 11⁄2 miles (2.5 kilometers) long and 1⁄2 mile (800 meters) across at its widest point.