- 1 How do I contact my Illinois State Representative?
- 2 Who are the current Illinois House of Representatives?
- 3 How do I address my state representative?
- 4 Who are the senators for the state of Illinois?
- 5 How much does a state representative make in Illinois?
- 6 What branch is the Illinois governor?
- 7 How do I write a representative?
- 8 How do you end a letter to a representative?
- 9 How do you address a representative in an email?
- 10 How many representative districts are in Illinois?
- 11 How many House seats does Illinois have?
- 12 Who did Adam kinzinger marry?
How do I contact my Illinois State Representative?
Contact the State of Illinois at 217-782-2000 or 312-814-3500 to get specific numbers for members of the General Assembly or link to www.ilga.gov. For members of the U.S. Congress, call 202-224-3121 or link to http://thomas.loc.gov.
Who are the current Illinois House of Representatives?
- 1st district: Bobby Rush (D) (since 1993)
- 2nd district: Robin Kelly (D) (since 2013)
- 3rd district: Marie Newman (D) (since 2021)
- 4th district: Jesús “Chuy” García (D) (since 2019)
- 5th district: Michael Quigley (D) (since 2009)
- 6th district: Sean Casten (D) (since 2019)
- 7th district: Danny K.
How do I address my state representative?
Use Proper Salutation. The salutation should be ” Dear Representative Smith” or Dear Senator Smith” or “Dear Assemblyman Smith” depending on the office held. The address should read: Honorable Jim Smith, Address, City, State, Zip.
Who are the senators for the state of Illinois?
Illinois lawmakers are the fifth-best-paid legislators in the country on base salary alone. Ask legislators and they’ll say that’s exactly what the job is, even though it is officially considered a part-time position. Lawmakers are allowed to earn income outside the General Assembly.
How much does a state representative make in Illinois?
According to data from the National Conference of State Legislatures, Illinois lawmakers receive the fifth-highest annual base salary in the country, at $67,836.
What branch is the Illinois governor?
The Governor of the State of Illinois is an elected constitutional officer, the head of the executive branch and the highest state office in Illinois.
How do I write a representative?
9 Essential Tips for Writing Your Congressperson
- Direct. State your subject clearly in the email subject line or first sentence of the letter.
- Informative. Identify yourself as a constituent.
- Factual & Courteous.
How do you end a letter to a representative?
Restate your request at the end of the letter, for example urging them to support or oppose the bill. Thank the legislator for his or her support and offer to address any questions that he or she might have. Be sure to include your contact information, and sign the letter.
How do you address a representative in an email?
Correspondence. When sending a letter to a representative, address the envelope to “The Honorable,” followed by the representative’s full name and business address. For the salutation — both in letters and in email — use “Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms.,” followed by the representative’s last name.
How many representative districts are in Illinois?
Article 4, Section 1 of the Illinois Constitution provides: The legislative power is vested in a General Assembly consisting of a Senate and a House of Representatives, elected by the electors from 59 Legislative Districts and 118 Representative Districts.
How many House seats does Illinois have?
U.S. House of Representatives List of members of the Illinois United States House delegation, their terms in office, district boundaries, and the district political ratings according to the CPVI. The delegation has a total of 18 members, with 13 Democrats and 5 Republicans.
Who did Adam kinzinger marry?
Kinzinger became engaged to Sofia Boza-Holman, a former aide to John Boehner and aide to Vice President Mike Pence, in June 2019. They were married on February 16, 2020.