- 1 How many questions are on the Illinois CDL general knowledge test?
- 2 How many questions are on the CDL combination test in Illinois?
- 3 How many questions are on the CDL air brake test in Illinois?
- 4 What do I need to get my CDL permit in Illinois?
- 5 What is on the Illinois CDL permit test?
- 6 Is the Illinois CDL test multiple choice?
- 7 How do you get a Class C license in Illinois?
- 8 How do I get an air brake endorsement in Illinois?
- 9 What are the different classes of CDL mean?
- 10 How many questions are on the tanker test?
How many questions are on the Illinois CDL general knowledge test?
The CDL general knowledge test is required to be taken by all CDL applicants. The Illinois CDL test consists of 50 questions. To pass, you must correctly answer at least 40 questions (80%). The general knowledge test covers the contents of the Illinois CDL Manual.
How many questions are on the CDL combination test in Illinois?
The Illinois CDL combination test consists of 20 questions, and you’ll need at least 16 correct answers to pass (80%). The test covers the combination vehicles section of the Illinois CDL Manual. Take this practice test now to prepare for the actual IL CDL combination test! 1.
How many questions are on the CDL air brake test in Illinois?
To drive a vehicle with air brakes, you must pass the air brake component of the Illinois CDL knowledge test. The IL CDL air brakes test consists of 25 questions, and you’ll need at least 20 correct answers to pass (80%). The test covers the information found in the air brakes section of the Illinois CDL Manual.
What do I need to get my CDL permit in Illinois?
To being the application process for getting a CDL in Illinois, you must meet these requirements:
- Be at least 18 years old (must be 21 to drive out of state/transport passengers)
- Have a valid, non-CDL driver’s license.
- Be able to provide legal proof of residence in the U.S. Examples of proof of residence.
What is on the Illinois CDL permit test?
The Illinois CDL test consists of 50 questions. All CDL applicants (Class A, B and C) must study the following sections: Driving Safely, Transporting Cargo Safely, Air Brakes (if you plan to operate vehicles equipped with air brakes), Vehicle Inspection Test, Basic Control Skills Test, Road Test.
Is the Illinois CDL test multiple choice?
The computerized General (Core) Knowledge written test is a general CDL test required of all applicants to obtain a CLP or transfer a CDL. This test consists of 30 standardized, random multiple-choice questions that cover a wide range of areas concerning the CDL laws, the CDL program and CDL vehicles.
How do you get a Class C license in Illinois?
How to get a Illinois Class C CDL (Commercial Drivers License)
- Provide documentation and pay fees.
- Provide Medical Certificate.
- Pass applicable written test(s) to obtain a Illinois CDL C permit (General Knowledge) plus any applicable endorsement written tests.
- Pass skills tests in a “representative” type vehicle.
How do I get an air brake endorsement in Illinois?
To receive this endorsement, applicants must pass a written test. The test consists of 25 multiple choice questions. To pass, the applicant must answer at least 20 questions correctly. Test questions come from the Illinois Commercial Driver’s License Study Guide.
What are the different classes of CDL mean?
They are classified for the different kinds of vehicles that are used for different purposes and gross vehicle weight classes. For example, a school bus is in a different class than a tanker trunk. Tractor trailers, moving vans, city buses and other kinds of trucks are included in one of these CDL categories.
How many questions are on the tanker test?
The tanker endorsement test entails 20 multiple choice questions, which you have to attain at least 80 percent to pass. The questions are derived from the section 8 of the CDL manual and will cover the following topics.