- 1 How do I reactivate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 2 How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 3 How many hours do you need for cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 4 How do I print my Illinois cosmetology license?
- 5 How long is cosmetology school in Illinois?
- 6 What can estheticians do in Illinois?
- 7 Do you need a license to do nails in Illinois?
- 8 Does cosmetology include hair?
- 9 How many hours do I need to renew my cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 10 Do I need a license to braid hair in Illinois?
- 11 Can a felon get a cosmetology license in Illinois?
- 12 Is Illinois a compact state?
- 13 What is a PERC card in Illinois?
- 14 What is a permanent employee registration card in Illinois?
How do I reactivate my cosmetology license in Illinois?
1) A person applying for restoration of a license as a cosmetologist that has expired or been on inactive status for less than 5 years shall submit an application on forms provided by the Division and: A) Pay the required fee set forth in Section 1175.100; B)
How much does it cost to renew your cosmetology license in Illinois?
Currently, the State of Illinois charges $50 per two-year renewal period. The fee is payable online via Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit/debit cards. How often do I have to renew my Illinois cosmetologist license? Your cosmetologist license needs to be renewed every two (2) years.
How many hours do you need for cosmetology license in Illinois?
Illinois requires cosmetologists to certify on their renewal applications that they have successfully completed 14 hours of cosmetology continuing education within the 2-year licensure period.
How do I print my Illinois cosmetology license?
You may go to https://www.idfpr.com/GetMyLicense and send them either a printed or electronic copy of your license.
How long is cosmetology school in Illinois?
To receive your cosmetology license in Illinois, you have to complete your 1,500 hours of training in no less than eight months long and no more than seven years in a row and pass a cosmetology exam.
What can estheticians do in Illinois?
An esthetician provides body and facial treatments, skin analysis and advice, hair removal, and cosmetic application. A licensing fee is required every 2 years to keep the license valid in the state of Illinois.
Do you need a license to do nails in Illinois?
Like most states, Illinois requires nail technician training and licensure to work legally in this state. If you have a goal to work in nails, then you will need to complete a minimum 350-hour training program, and then go through the initial license application process.
Does cosmetology include hair?
What is Cosmetology? Cosmetology is the art and science beautifying the hair, nails, and skin. Specific disciplines in cosmetology include hairstyling (haircutting and coloring), esthetics (skin care), makeup application, nail care (manicures and pedicures), and other beauty treatments.
How many hours do I need to renew my cosmetology license in Illinois?
Cosmetologists licensed in Illinois are required to complete 14 CEU hours every 2 years to maintain licensure.
Do I need a license to braid hair in Illinois?
Under the new law, the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation (IDFPR) will begin issuing licenses to professionals who braid the hair of their clients. Under prior law, a full cosmetology license and 1500 hours of training was required if a hair braider sought a license.
Can a felon get a cosmetology license in Illinois?
Ex-offenders who’ve completed training in barbering and cosmetology while incarcerated will be able to apply for a license to work in the six months before their release from prison, thanks to a new change to Illinois licensing procedure agreed to by the Illinois Department of Corrections and the Illinois Department of
Is Illinois a compact state?
Illinois would join 34 other states in becoming a member of the Compact. The multistate licensure protects Illinois nurses when practicing across state lines whether in direct care or using Telehealth to offer nursing advice or education.
What is a PERC card in Illinois?
A PERC Card is one of the types of certification criteria a person must meet and have in the state of Illinois to work as a security guard. This ensures that every person working as a security guard (who has obtained this certification) has passed a background check prior to becoming employed as security personal.
What is a permanent employee registration card in Illinois?
A PERC Card, or Permanent Employee Registration Card, is a card that tells employers in the State of Illinois that you’ve passed certain background checks through a fingerprint submission process. The PERC Card is essential if you wish to become a security guard in Illinois.