- 1 Is Normal Illinois Safe?
- 2 What is normal Illinois famous for?
- 3 What state is the city of Normal in?
- 4 Is Normal Illinois a good place to live?
- 5 What places to avoid in Chicago?
- 6 What university is in Normal Illinois?
- 7 Is there a town named normal?
- 8 How can I be normal?
- 9 What is the elevation of Normal Illinois?
- 10 What county is normal Illinois in?
Is Normal Illinois Safe?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Normal is 1 in 48. Based on FBI crime data, Normal is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to Illinois, Normal has a crime rate that is higher than 78% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is normal Illinois famous for?
Perhaps the biggest ticket to fame from Bloomington-Normal comes from Illinois State University’s status as one of the better schools for drama and theatre; that reputation meant that a long list of actors spent quite some time in the twin cities, including: Gary Cole (Office Space, The West Wing, Veep)
What state is the city of Normal in?
Normal is a town in McLean County, Illinois, United States. As of the 2010 census, the town’s population was 52,497. Normal is the smaller of two principal municipalities of the Bloomington–Normal metropolitan area, and Illinois’ seventh most populous community outside the Chicago metropolitan area.
Is Normal Illinois a good place to live?
Normal is in McLean County and is one of the best places to live in Illinois. Living in Normal offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents own their homes. In Normal there are a lot of parks. The public schools in Normal are highly rated.
What places to avoid in Chicago?
The most dangerous neighborhoods of Chicago are:
- West Garfield Park. West Garfield Park is the most dangerous neighborhood in Chicago.
- Washington Park. Washington Park is the second most dangerous neighborhood in Chicago.
- East Garfield Park.
- North Lawndale.
- Grand Crossing.
- West Englewood.
What university is in Normal Illinois?
Amtrak operates a train from Bloomington-Normal to Chicago Union Station 5 times a day. Tickets cost $30 – $45 and the journey takes 2h 34m.
Is there a town named normal?
Normal is not named Normal out of an excess of Midwestern humility. The town that has given the world Steak ‘n Shake used to be North Bloomington but, in establishing its own identity in the mid-19th century, decided to borrow its new name from the local college.
How can I be normal?
How to Act Normal Around People (And Not Be Weird)
- Understand that most people aren’t ‘normal’
- Learn the difference between obnoxious and weird.
- Think about the purpose of social rules.
- Be flexible in how you think about social rules.
- Be warm and approachable.
- Recognize how many other people feel weird or shy.
What is the elevation of Normal Illinois?
Normal is also used to describe individual behavior that conforms to the most common behavior in society (known as conformity). Someone being seen as normal or not normal can have social ramifications, such as being included, excluded or stigmatized by wider society.
What county is normal Illinois in?
Normal, town, McLean county, central Illinois, U.S. At the junction of three interstate highways, Normal adjoins Bloomington (south) and is located about 65 miles (105 km) northeast of Springfield.