- 1 Who is my Illinois Senate representative?
- 2 Who are Illinois officials?
- 3 What are three qualifications for election to the House of Representatives?
- 4 Is Illinois the Prairie State?
- 5 Who is the governor of Illinois?
- 6 Who are the senators in Illinois?
- 7 How do I find my US House of Representatives?
- 8 What is the name of Speaker of House?
- 9 What is the highest executive office in Illinois?
- 10 Is Illinois a good place to live?
- 11 What is the highest court in Illinois called?
Who is my Illinois Senate representative?
Contact the State of Illinois at 217-782-2000 or 312-814-3500 to get specific numbers for members of the General Assembly or link to www.ilga.gov. For members of the U.S. Congress, call 202-224-3121 or link to http://thomas.loc.gov.
Who are Illinois officials?
The six elected officers are:
- J. B. Pritzker (D) Governor.
- Juliana Stratton (D) Lieutenant Governor.
- Kwame Raoul (D) Attorney General.
- Jesse White (D) Secretary of State.
- Susana Mendoza (D) Comptroller.
- Mike Frerichs (D) Treasurer.
What are three qualifications for election to the House of Representatives?
— U.S. Constitution, Article I, section 2, clause 2 The Constitution requires that Members of the House be at least 25 years old, have been a U.S. citizen for at least seven years, and live in the state they represent (though not necessarily the same district).
Is Illinois the Prairie State?
Illinois has been known as the Prairie State since at least 1842, and it’s for obvious reasons. The northern portion of our state was once completely covered in this sort of environment, but now, it’s a rare sight.
Who is the governor of Illinois?
Governor JB Pritzker was sworn in as the 43rd governor of the state of Illinois on January 14, 2019 and won election with the largest margin of victory over a sitting governor in more than a century.
Who are the senators in Illinois?
Illinois’s current U.S. senators are Democrats Dick Durbin (serving since 1997) and Tammy Duckworth (serving since 2017).
How do I find my US House of Representatives?
If you know who your representative is but you are unable to contact them using their contact form, the Clerk of the House maintains addresses and phone numbers of all House members and Committees, or you may call (202) 224-3121 for the U.S. House switchboard operator.
What is the name of Speaker of House?
The current House speaker is Democrat Nancy Pelosi of California. She was elected to a fourth (second consecutive) term as speaker on January 3, 2021, the first day of the 117th Congress.
What is the highest executive office in Illinois?
GOVERNOR – SUPREME EXECUTIVE POWER The Governor shall have the supreme executive power, and shall be responsible for the faithful execution of the laws.
Is Illinois a good place to live?
Still, Illinois is one of the better places to live in the country. The typical household in the state earns $62,992 a year, more than $2,500 higher than the U.S. median household income. Though the state’s annual unemployment rate of 5.0% is the sixth highest among states, it is improving relatively quickly.
What is the highest court in Illinois called?
The Illinois Supreme Court is the highest court in Illinois. Seven justices serve on the supreme court.