- 1 How do you get a work permit in Illinois?
- 2 Can you be 14 and work in Illinois?
- 3 Do you need a permit to work in Illinois?
- 4 How do you get a work permit at 14 in Illinois?
- 5 What is minimum wage in Illinois?
- 6 How many hours a week can a minor work in Illinois?
- 7 What jobs can I apply for at 14?
- 8 What is the youngest age you can work at McDonald’s?
- 9 At what age can you work in Illinois?
- 10 Who needs a work permit in Illinois?
- 11 How many hours can a 17 year old work a week in Illinois?
- 12 How many days a week can a 15 year old work?
- 13 How old do you have to be to work at Walmart in Illinois?
- 14 How many hours can 13 year old work?
How do you get a work permit in Illinois?
Employment Certificates for Minors
- Access Employment Certificate Form or the Temporary Employment Certificate Form.
- Open the form and enter your password.
- Complete the form and “sign” by checking the box.
- Submit form electronically to the Department to [email protected]
Can you be 14 and work in Illinois?
How Old Must You Be to Work in Illinois? Illinois labor laws state that, like the federal requirement, you generally must also be 14 to work, but younger children can work in the state as well. For example, 12- and 13-year-old children can work on farms, with their parents’ consent.
Do you need a permit to work in Illinois?
Got a Job? Get a Work Permit! It’s the Law. To protect the safety of Illinois teenagers, and place of priority on their education, minors age 14 or 15 may work, but not without first obtaining an Employment Certificate from their local high school or school administration office 820 ILCS 2059/9-12.
How do you get a work permit at 14 in Illinois?
In order for a minor aged 14 and 15 to obtain a “Minor Employment Certificate” in Illinois, their future employer must complete a statement of their intention to hire the minor. The employer may not put the minor to work until the minor has provided them with a copy of their “Minor Employment Certificate”.
What is minimum wage in Illinois?
The minimum wage in Illinois is $11-an-hour and $6.60-an-hour for tipped workers. The minimum wage for workers under-18 in Illinois who work less than 650 hours in a calendar year is $8.50.
How many hours a week can a minor work in Illinois?
When school is NOT in session (including summer vacations, holidays and weekends), children under the age of 16 may NOT work: More than 8 hours per day; More than 6 days per week; nor. More than 48 hours per week.
What jobs can I apply for at 14?
12 common jobs for 14-year-olds
- Dishwasher. National average salary: $20.82 per hour.
- Receptionist. National average salary: $21.36 per hour.
- Aged care worker. National average salary: $23.47 per hour.
- Dog walker. National average salary: $24.45 per hour.
- Retail sales assistant.
- Cinema attendant.
What is the youngest age you can work at McDonald’s?
The minimum age for working at McDonald’s is 14 years old; however, this may be higher depending on varying state laws. You also may need to obtain a permit or written permission for working if you’re still in school. Age requirements may also vary by position (managers typically need to be 18 years or older).
At what age can you work in Illinois?
The minimum age to work in the State of Illinois rests at 14. Fourteen and fifteen year olds fall under the legal status of “minor” under state law and must obtain work permits from local school administrative offices and file the forms with the State Department of Labor for employment eligibility.
Who needs a work permit in Illinois?
Who must get a “work permit”? Work permits or employment certificates must be obtained from your local school for all minors 14 and 15 years of age before beginning work. 820 ILCS 205/9-12.
How many hours can a 17 year old work a week in Illinois?
Illinois has no restrictions on maximum working hours for minors aged 16 and 17.
How many days a week can a 15 year old work?
Federal law states that 14-15 year olds cannot work over 8 hours a day, with no more than 3 hours on a school day, and over 40 hours a week, with no more than 18 hours per week while in school. Minors are also not allowed to work before 7am or after 7pm respectively.
How old do you have to be to work at Walmart in Illinois?
As a minimum age requirement, you must be at least 16 years old to work at Walmart and 18 at Sam’s Club.
How many hours can 13 year old work?
School holiday rules During school holidays 13 to 14-year-olds are only allowed to work a maximum of 25 hours a week. This includes: a maximum of 5 hours on weekdays and Saturdays. a maximum of 2 hours on Sunday.