- 1 What counties are in District 13 in Illinois?
- 2 Who is my Illinois state senator?
- 3 Where is the 109th District in Illinois?
- 4 What are the basic subdivisions of Illinois called?
- 5 What cities are in the 13th District?
- 6 What was the epidemic in District 13?
- 7 Who are the elected officials in Illinois?
- 8 Who is the senator of Illinois 2021?
- 9 What are the two Illinois houses called?
- 10 What are the 3 requirements to be in the House and Senate?
- 11 How many school districts are in Illinois?
What counties are in District 13 in Illinois?
The congressional district covers parts of Bond, Champaign, Madison, McLean and Sangamon counties, and all of Christian, Calhoun, De Witt, Greene, Jersey, Macon, Macoupin, Montgomery and Piatt counties, as of the 2011 redistricting which followed the 2010 census.
Who is my Illinois state senator?
The legislative power is vested in a General Assembly consisting of a Senate and a House of Representatives, elected by the electors from 59 Legislative Districts and 118 Representative Districts.
Where is the 109th District in Illinois?
Political career The 109th district at the time, located in the Illinois Wabash Valley, included all of Edwards, Jasper, Richland, Wabash, Wayne, and White counties and parts of Effingham and Lawrence counties.
What are the basic subdivisions of Illinois called?
The administrative divisions of Illinois are counties, townships, precincts, cities, towns, villages, and special-purpose districts. The basic subdivisions of Illinois are the 102 counties. Illinois has more units of local government than any other state—over 8,000 in all.
What cities are in the 13th District?
Barbara Lee, a Democrat, has represented this district since January 2013. Currently, the 13th district consists of the northwestern portion of Alameda County. Cities in the district include Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland, Piedmont, and San Leandro.
What was the epidemic in District 13?
Pre-Hunger Games Along with the other twelve districts of Panem, District 13 presumably suffered oppression by the Capitol for an indeterminate amount of time, which ultimately culminated in the outbreak of the First Rebellion.
Who are the elected officials in Illinois?
The six elected officers are:
- J. B. Pritzker (D) Governor.
- Juliana Stratton (D) Lieutenant Governor.
- Kwame Raoul (D) Attorney General.
- Jesse White (D) Secretary of State.
- Susana Mendoza (D) Comptroller.
- Mike Frerichs (D) Treasurer.
Who is the senator of Illinois 2021?
Illinois’s current U.S. senators are Democrats Dick Durbin (serving since 1997) and Tammy Duckworth (serving since 2017).
What are the two Illinois houses called?
A legislature consisting of 2 houses. In Illinois, the State legislature, known as the General Assembly, consists of a 59-member Senate and a 118-member House of Representatives.
What are the 3 requirements to be in the House and Senate?
The Constitution sets three qualifications for service in the U.S. Senate: age (at least thirty years of age); U.S. citizenship (at least nine years); and residency in the state a senator represents at time of election.
How many school districts are in Illinois?
Today, Illinois has 859 school districts.