What is Rockford Illinois known for?
Nicknamed the Forest City, Rockford is presently known for various venues of cultural or historical significance, including Anderson Japanese Gardens, Klehm Arboretum, Tinker Swiss Cottage, the BMO Harris Bank Center, the Coronado Theatre, the Laurent House, and the Burpee Museum of Natural History.
What is there to do in Rockford Illinois this weekend?
The Best Things to Do in Rockford, IL in 2021
- Anderson Japanese Gardens.
- Rockford Art Museum.
- Discovery Center Museum.
- Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens.
- Burpee Museum of Natural History.
- Rock Cut State Park.
- Midway Village Museum.
- Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum and Gardens.
Is Rockford a bad area?
Rockford is in the 23rd percentile for safety, meaning 77% of cities are safer and 23% of cities are more dangerous. This analysis applies to Rockford’s proper boundaries only. See the table on nearby places below for nearby cities. The rate of crime in Rockford is 41.39 per 1,000 residents during a standard year.
Is Rockford Illinois a good place to live?
Rockford is a great place to live and work. I was born and raised in Rockford. It’s the perfect size; it has a small-town feel without being too small. There are plenty of fun things to do: bowling, outdoor sports, amazing dining options, and a cute downtown!
What should I do today in Illinois?
25 Best Things to Do in Illinois — Fun Activities & Stuff to Do!
- The Art Institute of Chicago — Chicago.
- Lake Michigan.
- Blaum Bros.
- Grand View Drive — Peoria.
- Woodfield Mall — Schaumburg.
- Shawnee National Forest — Harrisburg.
- Wolff’s Flea Market — Rosemont.
- Abraham Lincoln Presidential Library and Museum — Springfield.
What is there to do in Rockford at night?
Best fun things to do at night in Rockford, IL
- Volcano Falls Funpark. 5.4 mi.
- Anderson Japanese Gardens. 1.7 mi.
- Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum. 3.2 mi.
- Boone County Fair. 9.8 mi.
- AMC Rockford 16. 4.5 mi.
- Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens. 1.7 mi.
- Rockford Speedway. 6.6 mi.
- Rockford Charitable Games Association. 3.6 mi.
How dangerous is Rockford?
With a crime rate of 46 per one thousand residents, Rockford has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes – from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One’s chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 22.
Who owns Rockford?
Rockford has been in the industry for over 50 years and was purchased by Primoris Services Corporation in 2011.