- 1 What are the dates for duck season in Illinois?
- 2 Where can you duck hunt in Illinois?
- 3 Is it duck season in Illinois?
- 4 Can you shoot geese in Illinois?
- 5 Can you shoot ducks on the water in Illinois?
- 6 Is Illinois a good duck hunting state?
- 7 What is needed to hunt waterfowl in Illinois?
- 8 Is duck hunting good in the rain?
- 9 What time is best for duck hunting?
- 10 Can you shoot ducks all year round?
- 11 Where is the snow goose migration now?
What are the dates for duck season in Illinois?
Illinois Duck Season Dates 2019 – 2020
- Illinois North Zone Duck Season. 19 October – 17 December.
- Illinois Central Zone Duck Season. 26 October – 24 December.
- Illinois South Central Zone Duck Season. 9 November – 7 January.
- Illinois South Zone Duck Season. 28 November – 26 January.
- Illinois Teal Season Dates. 7 – 22 September.
Where can you duck hunt in Illinois?
Illinois Waterfowl Hunting
- Green Acres Sportsman’s Club. 1458 North 1700 East Road, Roberts, Illinois 60962.
- Harpole’s Heartland Lodge. 10236 393rd Street, Nebo, Illinois 62355.
- Keck’s Marsh. RR2 Box 189, Vandalia, Illinois 62471.
- Mazonia Hunt Club.
- Nilo Farms.
- Rack & Wing.
- Rend Lake Hunting Preserve.
- Richmond Hunting Club.
Is it duck season in Illinois?
Illinois waterfowl hunters are reminded of the season dates and bag limits for the 2020–2021 seasons. This year, Illinois will open the regular duck, Canada goose, and snow goose seasons on Oct. 17 in the North Zone, Oct. 24 in the Central Zone, Nov.
Can you shoot geese in Illinois?
Legal Status: Canada geese, their nests, and eggs are protected by the Migratory Bird Treaty Act (16 USC 703-711) and by Illinois State Law (520 ILCS 5/2.1). The combination of Federal and State laws prohibit the taking (i.e., capturing and/or killing) of Canada geese in Illinois outside of the legal hunting seasons.
Can you shoot ducks on the water in Illinois?
public waters and waterfowl may be taken from a boat not mechanically powered and not camouflaged or disguised. A boat merely painted camouflage is not considered camouflaged. So your boat blind must be anchored, you might be able to hunt it with a scull boat regardless of who owns the bottom.
Is Illinois a good duck hunting state?
Illinois Department of Natural Resources State Fish and Wildlife Areas (SFWA), such as Donnelley -DePue, Marshall, Woodford, Rice Lake, Spring Lake, Anderson Lake, and Sanganois, are well known for excellent waterfowl hunting.
What is needed to hunt waterfowl in Illinois?
In most cases, an electronic state habitat stamp is also required (license ID #970). Waterfowl hunters will also need both the electronic state waterfowl stamp (license ID #600) and the federal waterfowl stamp (license ID #900) (federal waterfowl stamps may be purchased at US Post Offices or selected DNR offices).
Is duck hunting good in the rain?
Despite the popular misbelief that rain and wind prevent you from successful duck hunting, if properly prepared, they can be a hunter’s best-friend. As a matter of fact, hunting in the rain keeps ducks flying low, making your job even easier.
What time is best for duck hunting?
Time of Day: It is believed that the best time to hunt for waterfowl is during the first hours of the morning after dawn. However that belief has been challenged by hunters who find their most successful hunts happen in the afternoon or early evening.
Can you shoot ducks all year round?
You may use all shot types when hunting ducks in NSW.
Where is the snow goose migration now?
EVEN IF YOU ARE A BIRD LOVER. RIGHT NOW, ROUGHLY ONE MILLION SNOW GEESE ARE NOW FEEDING AND MIGRATING IN THE RICE FIELDS AND REFUGES NORTH OF SACRAMENTO. NOT ONLY THAT, THEY ARE JOINED BY ANOTHER SEVEN TO 10 MILLION OTHER DUCKS AND GEESE WHO ARE ALSO CONGREGATING AND ON THE MOVE.