- 1 How do I contact my state representative in Illinois?
- 2 Who are the Illinois House of Representatives?
- 3 How do I address my state representative?
- 4 Who are our Illinois senators?
- 5 How many state senators are in Illinois?
- 6 Is Illinois state representative a full time job?
- 7 How much does a state representative make in Illinois?
- 8 How do I write a representative?
- 9 How do you address a representative in an email?
- 10 How do you end a letter to a representative?
- 11 How long is the term of a member of the House?
- 12 What is the name of Speaker of House?
- 13 How many representative districts are in Illinois?
How do I contact my state representative in Illinois?
Contact the State of Illinois at 217-782-2000 or 312-814-3500 to get specific numbers for members of the General Assembly or link to www.ilga.gov. For members of the U.S. Congress, call 202-224-3121 or link to http://thomas.loc.gov.
Who are the Illinois House of Representatives?
- 1st district: Bobby Rush (D) (since 1993)
- 2nd district: Robin Kelly (D) (since 2013)
- 3rd district: Marie Newman (D) (since 2021)
- 4th district: Jesús “Chuy” García (D) (since 2019)
- 5th district: Michael Quigley (D) (since 2009)
- 6th district: Sean Casten (D) (since 2019)
- 7th district: Danny K.
How do I address my state representative?
Use Proper Salutation. The salutation should be ” Dear Representative Smith” or Dear Senator Smith” or “Dear Assemblyman Smith” depending on the office held. The address should read: Honorable Jim Smith, Address, City, State, Zip.
Who are our Illinois senators?
Illinois’s current U.S. senators are Democrats Dick Durbin (serving since 1997) and Tammy Duckworth (serving since 2017).
How many state senators are in Illinois?
Illinois has been known as the Prairie State since at least 1842, and it’s for obvious reasons. The northern portion of our state was once completely covered in this sort of environment, but now, it’s a rare sight.
Is Illinois state representative a full time job?
Illinois lawmakers are the fifth-best-paid legislators in the country on base salary alone. Ask legislators and they’ll say that’s exactly what the job is, even though it is officially considered a part-time position. Lawmakers are allowed to earn income outside the General Assembly.
How much does a state representative make in Illinois?
According to data from the National Conference of State Legislatures, Illinois lawmakers receive the fifth-highest annual base salary in the country, at $67,836.
How do I write a representative?
9 Essential Tips for Writing Your Congressperson
- Direct. State your subject clearly in the email subject line or first sentence of the letter.
- Informative. Identify yourself as a constituent.
- Factual & Courteous.
How do you address a representative in an email?
Correspondence. When sending a letter to a representative, address the envelope to “The Honorable,” followed by the representative’s full name and business address. For the salutation — both in letters and in email — use “Dear Mr./Mrs./Ms.,” followed by the representative’s last name.
How do you end a letter to a representative?
Restate your request at the end of the letter, for example urging them to support or oppose the bill. Thank the legislator for his or her support and offer to address any questions that he or she might have. Be sure to include your contact information, and sign the letter.
How long is the term of a member of the House?
Members of the House of Representatives serve two-year terms and are considered for reelection every even year. Senators however, serve six-year terms and elections to the Senate are staggered over even years so that only about 1/3 of the Senate is up for reelection during any election.
What is the name of Speaker of House?
The current House speaker is Democrat Nancy Pelosi of California. She was elected to a fourth (second consecutive) term as speaker on January 3, 2021, the first day of the 117th Congress.
How many representative districts are in Illinois?
Article 4, Section 1 of the Illinois Constitution provides: The legislative power is vested in a General Assembly consisting of a Senate and a House of Representatives, elected by the electors from 59 Legislative Districts and 118 Representative Districts.