- 1 What is the main duty of the treasurer of Illinois?
- 2 How tall is Frerichs?
- 3 How do I send unclaimed money to Illinois?
- 4 How do you become State treasurer in Illinois?
- 5 What is the role of Illinois Governor?
- 6 What is the most important rule of a treasurer?
- 7 What are the qualities of a good treasurer?
- 8 Why would I be a good treasurer?
- 9 Can I claim someone else unclaimed money?
- 10 What is the best website to find unclaimed money?
- 11 Why did I get a check from the Illinois state comptroller?
What is the main duty of the treasurer of Illinois?
The Treasurer of the State of Illinois is the chief financial officer of the government of Illinois. The treasurer is responsible for maintaining the state funds and acting as the state’s bank.
How tall is Frerichs?
In most states, the position is a statewide elected office, usually a constitutional office (that is, provided for in the state constitution). In some states the position is appointed by the governor as a member of the governor’s cabinet.
How do I send unclaimed money to Illinois?
You can contact the Illinois unclaimed funds division at 800 961-8303.
How do you become State treasurer in Illinois?
The Illinois Constitution provides that the treasurer must, at the time of his or her election, be a United States citizen, at least 25 years old, and a resident of the state for at least 3 years preceding the election.
What is the role of Illinois Governor?
The Governor of Illinois is the chief executive of the State of Illinois, and the various agencies and departments over which the officer has jurisdiction, as prescribed in the state constitution. It is a directly elected position, votes being cast by popular suffrage of residents of the state.
What is the most important rule of a treasurer?
The most important duty of a treasurer is to be a good custodian of the PTO’s money. That’s probably obvious even to brand-new treasurers. But there is a second treasurer duty that’s almost as important as the first: You must provide financial information to support decisionmaking.
What are the qualities of a good treasurer?
Characteristics of a Good Treasurer
- be capable of handling figures and cash;
- have an orderly mind and methodical way of thinking;
- have experience in dealing with large sums of money and budgets;
- have experience of financial control and budgeting;
- have an eye for detail;
- be available to be contacted for ad hoc advice;
Why would I be a good treasurer?
Being a good treasurer means being able to balance a vision for the long-term financial success of the company along with the ability to take care of the everyday small details. Since the treasurer deals with numbers, attention to detail is required, especially when it comes to balancing books.
Can I claim someone else unclaimed money?
If you have completed a search for unclaimed money and found money held in a deceased person( s ) name, you can make a claim for money that you are legally entitled to.
What is the best website to find unclaimed money?
The National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators’ website www.unclaimed.org is an excellent resource. This association consists of state officials charged with the responsibility of reuniting lost owners with their unclaimed property.
Why did I get a check from the Illinois state comptroller?
1 attorney answer The State intercepted some payment you were due in order to satisfy a debt you owed to the State, and it was either in error, or as is common, the agency to whom you owed the debt failed to verify it